Fresh Water Deck Wash Bag

Lamby

firstly id like to start by saying that i dont have a freshwater system in my boat ,just cause i like my sandwiches with pilchard flavouring,your post reads freshwater deckwash ,do you want a fresh water system to wash the boat or wash your hands in a sink arrangment

i have a saltwater system thats 40psi and uses from memory 11litres a minute,it has a pressure switch so all you do is open the hose fitting on the hose and your away,the only differnce betwwen those system is that you will require a fair sized holding tank for the fresh water as aposed to sucking raw water from the ocean

which ever pump you decide on go with one that has a pressure switch and one that can run dry without ill effects

cheers arman

the only differnce betwwen those system is that you will require a fair sized holding tank for the fresh water as aposed to sucking raw water from the ocean

Pumps designed for fresh water only are a fair bit cheaper than the salt water versions.

As stated, unless you have a large resevoir to hold fresh water it would appear to be a little impracticle.

On one of my previous boats I had an aluminium pick-up on the transom that would force sea water into the system when underway. When not using it for a deck wash it was diverted into the live bait tank by way of a 2 way valve.

When stationery, the deck wash operated by way of a bilge pump mounted on the transom. It was also invaluable for cleaning fish on the bait board. Again it also refreshed the water to the live bait tank as needed.

The bilge pump is mounted at a height so that it is not submerged whilst underway, but at rest it is then underwater and fully operational.

Use your normal garden hose fittings. Apart from the cost of the bilge pump (size up to your personal requirements) the rest of the fittings will cost you less than $50.

Keep the fresh water for emergency supplies.

Hi Lamby, the guys are right and you can get a deck wash system that work well pumping salt water and an endless supply of water, but if you do want fresh water we have fitted and can supply only a bladder tank that does not take up alot of room and works well with an in line pump to wash hands etc with freshwater.

As mentioned if you want a high pressure wash the bigger /m more expensive pumps are what you will need.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Lamby, the guys are right and you can get a deck wash system that work well pumping salt water and an endless supply of water, but if you do want fresh water we have fitted and can supply only a bladder tank that does not take up alot of room and works well with an in line pump to wash hands etc with freshwater.

As mentioned if you want a high pressure wash the bigger /m more expensive pumps are what you will need.

Cheers,

Huey.

Sorry all work commitments have kept me away.

I have a salt water deck wash in which is great for the general washing of bait boards and kill tanks and the fresh water is purely for the minister for war and finances. I do like the idea of the bladder maybe with a 12v pump of some sort.

Have you any more information, sizes and prices?

Lamby.

Lamby since you have the pump already set up just put in a bladder and pipe the bladder outlet to before your existing pump and put in a 2 way tap. One way it uses salt water and the otherway it uses fresh. All saltwater pumps are good for freshwater.

Like any stowage just be careful of where you mount the resovior as every litre of water weighs a kilo and it can affect the trim of your boat.

Hi, the tanks range from 50L to 200L and the prices start at $140. A good quality in line 12V pump is about $100.

We have fitted in the past with filler and transom shower head and they work well.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, the tanks range from 50L to 200L and the prices start at $140. A good quality in line 12V pump is about $100.

We have fitted in the past with filler and transom shower head and they work well.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thank you very much for your return information both pelican and Huey.

I will give the plumbing idea some thought as i have a good quality pressure type pump installed on my live bait / deck wash system.

If there arent too many machines down tomorrow i will endeavour to make contact with you Huey to discuss the bladder type / inline pump options available. I do now remember buying a Haines Hunter 530 Classic that had something similar fitted that ivery rarely used.

Thanks

Lamby.