Berowra

Had a good session fishing Berowra on a grey and cold Sunday. In the begining things were slow and two normally good spots resulted in one half hearted bump, and the fact that the water temp was 11.5c did little to help my confidence. Kept moving and finally some life started to show on the sounder, although whatever they were they were not interested in the lures I was using. I decided to fish the same area but tighter to the shore and finally a good bream about 35cm to fork. Moving again a similar pattern emerged. Plenty of something on the sounder but no hits and then another Bream 33cm to fork from against the bank. Scored an average flattie for dinner then continued to fish deep to try and figure out what was going on down there. At about the same time a small tinnie came up and anchored not far from the point I was fishing. Out came a pair of long slopy rods, floats and berley. Blackfish, no sooner had I taken all this in and I'm on to a decent fish, a Blackfish foul hooked up the back passage. I got another smaller 2 hooked in the mouth all on blades, and after I was about to move on happy knowing what fish were on the sounder I gave the blackfiherman a tip the fish were further up on the point, they were happy waiting where they were and hoped they would come on the bight for them at the turn of tide. Another spot and another good bream in close this fellow was very sluggish and only took about 2m of drag on a 3pnd leader, he went 37cm to fork but was very thick, deep and old looking. Another foul hooked black fish and then started heading back fishing some jetties along the way. Got two good bream about 30cm and a bonus EP. which makes number 4, all on deep Chubbys. Last spot and 2 small bream the only sub legal fish for the day. There were a good number of bream boats some I recognised and others I did not. Cheers Dave

Great stuff Dave,

I was wondering whether you ended up hitting Berowra or not. Good to see you got into some quality fish and an EP to boot. Quantity is always great fun but at the end of the day quality fiah is what your there to chase.

Seeya on the water

Mitch

Sounds like you got onto some good fish Dave :thumbup:

I was interested to read that you foul hooked 2 blackies. My mate foul hooked one last weeked. (in the same 'unorthidox' place :1prop: )I wondered whether they were just inquisitive, but then you said you mouth hooked another two. :1yikes: Wouldn't it be nice if they became a viable proposition on lures?!!

The more I read about blades the more I kick myself for not cracking the couple I have out of their packets :mad3: Well done on a great session mate

Hodgey