Yellow Fin Caught On 6kg

glenn

Great fish SFW on light tackle :thumbup: Our records are for the biggest top 5 of the species are for length or wieght if length cannot be verified.

Cheers Stewy

hi stewy i know it would be a lot of work for you guys maybe we could have light tackle records too !!!! just an idea. on another note maybe we could see if adrian would do a special for fishraiders for next year he is a fishraider himself (bite me) .i saw you guys were interested in fiji a few years ago . i am going over in september i could talk to him about it if you want !!!! ps the fin was a fiji record weighed on igfa scales

hi mate .the fish took 1hr 50 .was caught at cape washington fiji on the sea mount at kindavu it comes up to 148mts from 900mts.we caught 17 yellow fin that day up to 55kg

Mate, if caught from that depth on 6Kg your a bloody champion. I know how difficult it is to pull those bloody kegs up from 100 + metres on 10 or 15kg.

Going back a few seasons now, it was not rare to see a few fin of 100Kg + caught off Sydney each season.

That's the beauty of fishing off Sydney. Rarely do you get fin at those depths, and the battle is generally short lived in favour of the angler.

2 hours - on stand up - great effort. That's what real fishing is all about:-

stamina (dehydration, fatigue),

strength (mental & physical)

determination (you against the fish & elements)

luck (I hope that f##king knot holds out & quick, get away from the school) don't want another fin hitting the line and busting me off - especially after that long a fight!

good judgement (grab the leader, gaff the F##ker, "astern - no, forward")

patience (I'm so f##ked, I might just push the drag that little bit more) - nooooooo!!!!

optimism (F##k, get it to the gaff before that shark gets it!)

Funny story - I actually won the heaviest shark catagory in a comp in PNG. The bastard took my 10 Kg approx YFT and swallowed it whole. At the weigh in they had to change the scales to the version that measured 100gram increments. I think, from memory that the shark went around the 80kg mark and I beat the next mark by 300grams. Sometimes you get lucky. But that too was a hell of a fight on 10kg.

Most these guys only use 24 and 37 outfits for YFT. Not too many have had the opportunity to really exhaust themselves on boating a good fin on light to medium tackle, stand up at that.

3 cheers, exceptional effort. From someone who knows :tease: