Baits For Big Tuna

Scon

Hi raiders,

over the last week i have been thinking of trying a few different things out to see what the end result would and could possibily be and wanted to get all your thought's as to if you think it would or would not work on big Tuna which i do not see why it would not work myself.

first thing,

I've been thinking about trolling a skipped slimy or gar around for a while or for a few hours to see if it produce's a strike or raise's a big tuna, what are your thought's on this?

second thing,

I know and i am sure many of you know that they use to use nannygai as livey's which would produce big and jumbo yellowfin, what are your thought's, e.t.c on if nannygai would work either dead or live off shore at Brown's for big yellowfin?

and third thing,

has anyone used or tried squid at all for big Tuna, what are your thought's on this?

Cheers.

Hi raiders,

over the last week i have been thinking of trying a few different things out to see what the end result would and could possibily be and wanted to get all your thought's as to if you think it would or would not work on big Tuna which i do not see why it would not work myself.

first thing,

I've been thinking about trolling a skipped slimy or gar around for a while or for a few hours to see if it produce's a strike or raise's a big tuna, what are your thought's on this?

second thing,

I know and i am sure many of you know that they use to use nannygai as livey's which would produce big and jumbo yellowfin, what are your thought's, e.t.c on if nannygai would work either dead or live off shore at Brown's for big yellowfin?

and third thing,

has anyone used or tried squid at all for big Tuna, what are your thought's on this?

Cheers.

Scon...

in regards to the first thought.........sure !!!!!!!!!!!! if there around no reason why it wouldn't ,and for that matter quite a number of other species that prowl in that part of the ocean also.....ie striped marlin

in regards to the second.....again no reason it wouldn't entice a tuna as to would a number of other

likely canditates....the problem most likely would be there availability, as they say try and match the hatch

what i mean by that would be try and use whatever bait fish was most prominent to the locality at the time

as the tuna would be most likely drawn in the first place by there presence ....ie.. Slimey,cowanyoung....and especially sauries but this then

would most likely involve employing the method's of your first thought.....

Yes to your third question........but they are better and more practical alternatives..

those be my thoughts there scon.......and hope that is of a help to you..

Cheers Warnie...