Who Needs A Gameboat When This Is Now Available

Steve07

Raiders,have you seen the latest fiberglass boat to come from Haines Hunter;its the 760 Patriot & with

the very expensive fuel & mooring costs forever going up,this could be the size & style of boat that's

required for serious offshore fishing in the future.

It could become one ot the most popular trailerboats on the market,which has just about anything you will

find on most gameboats.With a 500litre long range fuel capacity,2 huge underfloor kill tanks,100litre

fresh water tank with deck wash & shower,full incabin bunks to sleep at least 2 adults,with outriggers,

downriggers & all the latest electronics you need,this would be one hell of a boat to set up & own.

I reckon with the ability of this size vessel to be towed anywhere

from Bermagui chasing big yellowfin & bluefin out wide,or up north chasing big black marlin & sailfish off the ribbon reefs near cairns,this would be more convenient & versatile kind of rig to

have for many,than a large & very expensive to run gameboat that sits on a mooring.

Will be a very popular attraction at the sydney boat show thats coming up,but to me its way too much $$$

I still love my 5.5m stessl but What do you reckon?? :1fishing1:

cheers

Nexus

post-4166-1216336303_thumb.jpg

Edited by nexus

For the money I think there are much better options and better riding boats as well. I've been out in the big Patriot and it comes a distant second to the 685 Cruisecraft. I must say I was not very impressed at all, neither was the guy at the boat dealership (who had it on consignment). But that is just my opinion.

Nexus..

just out of curosity what sort of money would you be looking at ????????

and in regards to serious fishing out wide for me it

would have to at least include a cabin with a hard top arrangement, clears and the like,

just don't afford enough protection from the elements in my opinion

and if serious fishing is to be your aim, then i assure you the elements would come into play...

nice boat all the same...

Cheers Warnie...

Edited by ungry warnie