Kings Are Still Around The Harbour

squidboy

Headed out at a very late 7:45am Friday morning and tried the habour for the odd winter King. Action was very slow with my dad dropping two fish whilst I was driving the boat.

I decided to get up and give it a go and after about 10 minutes I pulled up the specimen pictured down below. Pretty beautiful back ground for the photo moment, but it feels fantastic that some people were probably at work in the city who could watch me having the time of my life on the water.

Enjoy Fishraiders and I will be surely back in the harbour to hook up a few more. We dropped two other fish, but one was enough to take home for the day.

All round a very nice day on the water and very little boat traffic which added to a great day.

Tight lines!!!

post-2763-1216445286_thumb.jpg

Nice one Squiddy, your own personal boatorcade pilgrimage on Friday. Good to see someone getting some harbour action at the mo.

Good choice of motor as well !!

Cheers

Tuffy

I rang the pope in the morning to see if it was ok. All passes with the call and the weather was put on too. Honda is a great motor, quite, fuel efficient and first start starter!.

I'll be back into the kings hopefully next weekend again. Time to get into the squiddlys for the summer

Good work squidboy, when you heading out next? have to catch up again sometime soon

Me n spongy headed out yesterday .. started of at the usual spot and first cast (using the standard SP but a repaired one green/pink and probably almost 12" in length) i had a nice kingy follow the SP back in to the boat .. so i dropped it straight back down, gave it one big reef .. and im on :yahoo:

Using 30lb main and 50lb leader a 77cm fat kingy was boated within a few minutes ... i'd actually foul hooked him on his side fin .... and spongy didn't have a line in the water yet ;).

Had two fresh squid heads (id bought the day b4 from the markets) which i split up into 4 baits and got a half decent run but no hookup, otherwise the leatheries destroyed the rest.

We headed to middle harbour and found the yakkas ;) also caught a bunch of wrase and a few other reef species. So we headed back to the usual haunt.

Yakkas didnt do much good, only got one hit on a free swimmer but no hookup, switched back to the plastics and i ended up losing two fish :05: , first one pulled the hook (using the same SP as the i used to catch the first), the second one snapped my 80lb leader :ranting2: , think he wrapped me round the marker chain, that was using a black/clear 10" SP.

Was about to call it a day when spongy finally hooks up on a red/blck 9" SP and boats a 66cm kingy. That spurred as back on for another half hour or so but no more luck.

Dale!!!!

Mate, the kings caught at spot x right now seem to be quite well rounded. Also when I gutted the last king I even noticed he was full of food but still hit the plastic. Seems pretty good for us fishos!

Still can't belive it is winter and we are scoring kings like we are. Looks like the harbour is really shapping up!

Dale!!!!

Mate, the kings caught at spot x right now seem to be quite well rounded. Also when I gutted the last king I even noticed he was full of food but still hit the plastic. Seems pretty good for us fishos!

Still can't belive it is winter and we are scoring kings like we are. Looks like the harbour is really shapping up!

your not wrong ;)

i gutted one the other week (about 75cm) and it had its guts full with a 10cm pinkie snapper ... and still took an SP :thumbup:

Well done fellow hunter

its an amazing feeling when others are stuck in there offices working whilst we're outing hunting some inkers or going for kings n jews - just to name a few.

that what i love about roofing... fresh air, no office, flexible hours

congrats once again

regards

Squid Hunter

I work in an office which has no window!!! Then I walk around the building and see the entire Harbour. Such a tease when I want to be on the water and not at work. I tell you, I gotta thank the Pope for last Friday, it was a great start to the weekend! :thumbup: