Cowan Creek.

flatty hunter626

ok the plan tonight was a quick run into waratah bay and a fish for hairies....well at cottage point at the no wash signs it was decided to hav a troll for tailor.....withing 30 seconds of starting the troll bang both my mates rods go off as im still tying my lure on....dam 2 nice tailor.....so as they are dehooking i think stuff it and cast out to where they got there tailor....bang 2 winds of the reel and i was on.....then after that there is whitebait getting absoulutely smashed on the surface so it was pretty much leave the motor running and following the school with cast and retieve with our hard bods......when my motor starts to run weird dropping and picking up a cylinder every few secs then all of a sudden one cylinder goes completely.... :ranting2: .......checked under the cover and 5minutes of fiddling tells me the ignition coil has shot though!.....only bought this second hand a few months earlyer! :ranting2: ....quick call to a mate and got the VRA number.......not long later was back in at work minus the hairtail session but with about 50 tailor caught and 20 kept for a feed or 2 it wasnt that bad a session really as well some of the tailor were massive!......smallest been 34cm laregst been 49 and they had quite obviously over ate on whitebait as there stomachs were crammed!........alot of the fish were accuallty seen taking thhe lure which makes the experiance all the better!..

cheers flatty hunter....

also a thanks to the VRA guys you were great with everything!...

below is a part of the catch.

post-7454-1216471687_thumb.jpg

post-7454-1216471763_thumb.jpg

Edited by flatty hunter626

Well done on the tailor mate.

Plenty for a feed and plenty for bait.

Bummer about the engine, catching tailor every few casts probs would've been more exciting sitting around waiting for hairies anyway.

They can be pretty sporadic in cowan the tailor, last summer in a week of fishing cowan and seeing them on the surface every now and then we got 2 in the first 6 days and then 30 in about 45min on the last day....hoping to be more consistent this summer.

Cheers

Josh

Shame about the motor, but it sounds like you had a sensational session flatty hunter.

I had a similar time in Bate Bay a few years ago. We were chasing the school for about an hour. Great fun. My mates still refer to it as "Tailor Day"

Well done! I hope you're going to smoke a few of those tailor fillets!

Cheers

Peter

nice catch flatty. shame about the motor would have liked to see you paddling after the tailor . thinking of that why did you bother the poor VRA young fella like you should have rowed back to Brooklyn .tide was running in would have done you good ------ sniper

Nice tailor Flatty Hunter!!

I was trawling through the same no wash zone on Sunday... but i got nothing to show for it :05:

Can i ask which hard bodz did the damage? and what time of day you were out there?

I'd love a few tailor fillets myself!

Cheers Mate,

Ryhno

Haven't posted before (so hi all!!). Coming home from flathead drifting down in broken bay sat arvo and passed a boat with bent rods, fish splashing and motor running across from Cottage Point. Almost stopped for a throw - and sorry I didn't now!!! Some good tailor there....well done!

• 5 months later...