Salmon Schools In Harbour?

outfisher

Hi raiders has anyone fished out of the harbour this weekend?

I was just wondering if any salmon are about around the headlands

im thinking of a fish during the week and would like the input

thanks outfisher! cheers :beersmile:

I Know that they have been around nth head but have been very tentative and boat shy.

We saw a few up in north harbour last week but not in great numbers. They were feeding on small yakkas.

Cheers

Josh

hey outfisher,we came back in around 10.00am there were boats from north head to q point at least 20

no sign off any surface action we checked out bluefish to q point

i would go for a troll from south head to bondi and work the stink pipe under hornaby light house

havent been there for 4 weeks but thats were i would look

gary

Hey outfisher,

There are salmon off north head. Been out and seen them. They are very boatshy and are not feeding very agressively on the surface. They seem to be feeding early and in slightly more choppy conditions. uThey should improve over the coming weeks though from what i experienced last year

Andrew

i down rigged all the way around nth head and about to the murk or rock platform there, and the was a school around there, but they were shy and not interested when i stoped to throw at them, t was too windy to drive and throw at the same time so i gave it a miss. there was also a school off Dee Why last week too. so i guess we will be seeing the numbers increase over the next few weeks.

i down rigged all the way around nth head and about to the murk or rock platform there, and the was a school around there, but they were shy and not interested when i stoped to throw at them, t was too windy to drive and throw at the same time so i gave it a miss. there was also a school off Dee Why last week too. so i guess we will be seeing the numbers increase over the next few weeks.

The schools around the heads are progressively getting shyer and shyer of boats every year in my opinion. They were much easier to approach 5 years ago than these days for sure.

Last year at this time the only way I could get close enough for a cast was with the electric and I only caught fish because I was the only boat around at the time. If there were other boats approaching the school they would have went down. Quite a challenge thats for sure..

There was a school of I'm not sure what type of fish off Fairy Bower (Manly/North Head) this morning. I could see the surface hits from the beach at Manly...they looked like some decent size fish smashing it up out there. Probably Salmon or Taylor eh?