Moon For Jewies?

riley93

hi there.

i was just wondering if any one knows the best moon for jewfish, im planning on going soon and i just make sure im doing every thing write

cheers

Edited by riley93

The best moon for jewies is usually the lead up to a new or full moon. Generally a couple of days before the actual moon are known as the best producers as they coincide with the good tides being the high early morning and night.

I'm pretty sure this is correct in that the lead up to the full moon is better for night fishing and the lead up to the new moon is better for early morning fishing. Could be the other way around.

Cheers

Josh

The best moon for jewies is usually the lead up to a new or full moon. Generally a couple of days before the actual moon are known as the best producers as they coincide with the good tides being the high early morning and night.

I'm pretty sure this is correct in that the lead up to the full moon is better for night fishing and the lead up to the new moon is better for early morning fishing. Could be the other way around.

Cheers

Josh

thanx for that mate.

ill see what othe people have to say aswel

cheers

try all moons mate, I have. I have seen jew caught at all stages of tides and moons. Just need to put in hard work and a bit of luck too.

nath

:dito: but i had to choose it would be any night between 1st 1/4 and the full moon

Hi,

I caught my biggest jew at night on a new moon at Long Reef.

Personally i dont like the full moon period for fishing at all.

Two or three day period around the full moon i dont bother but either side of that is good for a go.

I recommend fishing for jewies from sunrise until about 11am or 12 in places like deep water in the Harbour or Middle Harbour.

Good Luck

mate i have asked this same question of some of the old blokes that regularly hual in big jews in the hawkesbury......and 99% of them say the moon phases are all bull :ranting2: and they dont catch less or more on any of the phases!....the tides are the more important factor!.....

cheers flatty hunter