Out Wide Last Tuesday

reelmagic

We fished in 1100m from 12.00 to 6.00pm last Tuesday. 55kms out sse of browns about 19kms.

Great weather and sea conditions. Fished in 18.6 degree water and drifted at 1.2knts to the NNE. Water colour was good, cubed quiet heavily AND didn't turn a reel this time! Picked up a small albacore on a cube a few days earlier. :thumbdown:

Edited by reelmagic

long run home in the dark there mate,sapose the fishing been so good for so long that we expect it to continue but sometimes it doesnt work out ,hopfully they will be back in force soon,we cubed for 7hours two weekends ago for zero ,nothing to break the monoteny of throwing 10pieces over the side

the fish that have been caught have been on the oversize catagory so they keep you going out ahh

hope you have better luck next time,hopfully wont be long till we hear the tiagra,s howl

on a side note is it me or is it strange that on a couple of occasions we have caught one or two albis on the cube but the whole school hasnt come up the trail,surley 4 to 8kg albaies dont wonder the oceans alone ?

cheers arman

long run home in the dark there mate,sapose the fishing been so good for so long that we expect it to continue but sometimes it doesnt work out ,hopfully they will be back in force soon,we cubed for 7hours two weekends ago for zero ,nothing to break the monoteny of throwing 10pieces over the side

the fish that have been caught have been on the oversize catagory so they keep you going out ahh

hope you have better luck next time,hopfully wont be long till we hear the tiagra,s howl

on a side note is it me or is it strange that on a couple of occasions we have caught one or two albis on the cube but the whole school hasnt come up the trail,surley 4 to 8kg albaies dont wonder the oceans alone ?

cheers arman

Yep, we have got the odd albaie often, but just the one /two...... and also expected things to 'go off' or at least

pick up a few more. We drop a fish 10-12feet from back of the boat 2nd last trip, couldn't tell if it was a little fin or a little bigger albie????

As to the trip, home. it was a great night, 1/2 moon and at 22knts, just point her in the right direction and

press the button! Reelmagic stuff!!!!!!!!!! fantastic night for a change.

We will probably start fishing for Makos form now on................ had a good run last year with 21 hook-ups!

the biggest tagged about 390+ and biggest weighed 187kgs.

regards, dale

Hi dale...

just the way it seems to be at the moment

i was out the day after your referring to and got plagued by mako's however

another boat with us that laid down a trail in around about the same area that you did

was getting stuck into 60kg fin....... hour and a half after setting the trail...

Quite hit miss at present.... but what fish are around seem quite decent..

better luck next time..

Cheers Warnie...

I was on board "Reelmagic" with Dale. An awsome boat that is just a joy to have the opportunity to fish from. My first time out after dark - what a fantastic trip home in glassy conditions under the moon. Just being there was worth the time and effort. Have been out several times now but so far no big fish hooked while I've been onboard. One day.....!! Have seen the photos from some of the successful trips with other crew members. Some vary large gamefish have come through the back door since "Reelmagic" was launched. Dale and Greg don't do anything by halves and reap the rewards when the fish are about.

Also met fellow raider Jason - aka Double Pluggers (I think). We had a good chat about fishing from our smaller boats and he was kind enough to point out some of his favourite lizard spinning spots in Port Hacking as we motored out. I have done most of my lizard luring in Botany Bay and have sussed out some reasonably reliable locations and caught plenty of really good lizards in there (my pb being 82 cm). However, I have always harboured a desire to fish in Port Hacking so will branch out this spring/summer and try some of Jason's hotspots (before those harbour kings get into full swing!!!).

Thanks for sharing your local knowledge Jason.

Cheers

Kel

Sorry about that lost fish mate, my fault. I guess you call it a learning experience, but i am not quite prepared to give up stunt fishing on 8kg LBG gear yet, but may pick the time to bring it out a bit more carefully next time. Great day but mate, thanks

Never a problem.............. lost fish means that they are either around, we raised them, they took a bait or lure and that's the way it is sometimes. Part of what happens! We have 'lost' or not had a good look at fish due to many reasons over the years. eg. the leader that touches the hull when the fish takes one last run in 3m seas, or when the mako gets cut off by (we think) another in the water...... so NOT an issue and :05: see ya soon,dale