Water Way Vs Road

richhard

Hi Guys,

I have been doing rock fishing for long time and after watching endless fishing DVDs I managed to buy a small 4.1m fibre glass centre console boat. I know there are many many aspects to learn in boat fishing but first thing I need to figure out is how do I get to the the fishing grounds. I live at Homebush and I like to fish mainly in Pitt water and Sydney harbour, I am not sure where is best place to launch the boat to conserve the fuel for boat or is it more practical to launch from closest ramp and use water way to travel???. In terms of time and fuel efficiency I am not sure which is better, I though I will get some answers from veterans which will save lot of my money and time. So help me out guys, throw me any comments that's coming from your experience.

Many Thanks

Richard

:1fishing1:

Hi Guys,

I have been doing rock fishing for long time and after watching endless fishing DVDs I managed to buy a small 4.1m fibre glass centre console boat. I know there are many many aspects to learn in boat fishing but first thing I need to figure out is how do I get to the the fishing grounds. I live at Homebush and I like to fish mainly in Pitt water and Sydney harbour, I am not sure where is best place to launch the boat to conserve the fuel for boat or is it more practical to launch from closest ramp and use water way to travel???. In terms of time and fuel efficiency I am not sure which is better, I though I will get some answers from veterans which will save lot of my money and time. So help me out guys, throw me any comments that's coming from your experience.

Many Thanks

Richard

:1fishing1:

for sydney harbour/ middle harbour and manly there's roseville, rosebay, and tunks park at cameray all are good ramps for pitt water there's a good ramp just past mona vale or there's one just off the F3 at brooklyn to fish the hawksbury as for road or sea if you have a 2 stroke road is better or if you have a 4 stroke doesn't really matter hope this can break in the new boat with some nice fish

cheers warren

G'Day Richard,

I'm not sure if this will help you, but...

I have several fishing/travelling books. These are a collection of maps showing waterways,roads, boat ramps etc. Perhaps if you got hold of one of those, you could identify your favourite fishing ground, then compare boat trip length to road trip length? You may even discover another boat ramp you never knew of, which puts you very close to where you want to fish!

Hodgey

Definately road is more fuel effective. I live 300 mtrs from the ramp at Putney but I still tow the boat to Tunks Park. It saves heaps of unnecessary fuel usage running down the Parra River to get to the Heads / Middle Harbour etc and gives me more available fuel to run around the Harbour or to get outside if conditions permit - and I run a 4 stroke - plus it takes me the same time from my place to the heads if I go either way and I don't have to go thru the washing machine under the Harbour Bridge.

Tuffy

Ive noticed a small ramp just up from Birkenhead Point, almost under the City West Link.

Can anyone fill me in the details of the ramp?

Is it good enough to launch a 5m fibreglass boat or is it really only for tinnies?

Jeff

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for kind advises and recommendations. It seems like there is no right answer to this,

it all varies by where, boat, motor, condition so best to work it out by influencing factors.

Thanks again boys and have a great day.

Blue