Soft Plastic Mania!

diver1

:1fishing1: is it just me or is buying soft plastics addictive!! i cant seem to get enough of em, every time i go past a tackle shop i gota go in and buy at least 1 pack of plastics. im going to have to figure out sum sort of storage system 4 them i have so many, its pissing down rain here so im not working and guess what! im about to jump in me car n go get sum more! I THINK I NEED HELP! :1prop:

You and me both :insane: ... but at least it gives us something to sort out when you can't get out fishing.

My only complaint is that no matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up with Gulp juice all over everything so it stinks. I think the juice must just ooze out of even unopened bags and the seal never seems to work once they're open.

:1wallbash:

Cheers, Slinky

You and me both :insane: ... but at least it gives us something to sort out when you can't get out fishing.

My only complaint is that no matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up with Gulp juice all over everything so it stinks. I think the juice must just ooze out of even unopened bags and the seal never seems to work once they're open.

:1wallbash:

Cheers, Slinky

I have started making my own SP!!!

Experimenting with different materials, colours and shapes.

Its almost turned into another hobby that is surpassing the actual fishing hobby. I think I need to refocus back onto fishing.

Jeff

A very healthy addiction indeed.

I would embarrass myself if I posted what gear I have. :wacko:

I think at last count it was 29 rods, 26 reels, 6 tackle bags and boxes.

Lures - -shit - - don't go there!

Who's complaining - only the :wife:

Hi Raiders,

this may be not the forum to put this on and i apologise, but the subject is on soft plastic's or soft plastic mania and i have a question for the raiders who know, or who could advise me, or please help me out.

I am going to get my self a soft plastic rod and reel, i am not sure yet on the rod but the reel i am going to get is either a stella in a 3000 or a 4000, or a Daiwa Hyper Certate Custom in a 3000 or a 4000.

I want to be able to use 4 to 7 inch plastics with various size jighead's for both shallow and deep water for snapper off all size's and pearl perch.

who would get which reel out of a Stella or a Daiwa Hyper Certate Custom and in what size a 3000 or a 4000? which as i said i want to use for snapper all size's when i go to Port Stephens off shore, and to also be used in NZ with plastics for the big and monster snapper they get there.

could or can someone or any member's please help me out?

who think's which reel is better or which reel is the best one out of a stella or a Daiwa Hyper Certate Custom?

thanks.

Edited by Scon

Hey Diver1 , just saw your SP report , so thought I would take a quick pic of my catch last weekend, don't feel alone there are lots of us (SP ADDICTS).. Cheers...

Hi Raiders,

this may be not the forum to put this on and i apologise, but the subject is on soft plastic's or soft plastic mania and i have a question for the raiders who know, or who could advise me, or please help me out.

I am going to get my self a soft plastic rod and reel, i am not sure yet on the rod but the reel i am going to get is either a stella in a 3000 or a 4000, or a Daiwa Hyper Certate Custom in a 3000 or a 4000.

I want to be able to use 4 to 7 inch plastics with various size jighead's for both shallow and deep water for snapper off all size's and pearl perch.

who would get which reel out of a Stella or a Daiwa Hyper Certate Custom and in what size a 3000 or a 4000? which as i said i want to use for snapper all size's when i go to Port Stephens off shore, and to also be used in NZ with plastics for the big and monster snapper they get there.

could or can someone or any member's please help me out?

who think's which reel is better or which reel is the best one out of a stella or a Daiwa Hyper Certate Custom?

thanks.

Mate, both reels look great for the job you want, choose either , 4-7kg graphite rod would suit that sort of reel beautifully, I have just had my new 7kg stick finished and it has been made for a Daiwa Sol3000...Cheers..

post-3371-1217323724_thumb.jpg

ha ha ha ha good 1 rayr, i spent a fair wad over the last week meself!!! im guna have to get a beter storage system 4 em, just counted them and ive got 30 packs of plastics and a tub of them gulp alive plastics in the solution stuff (and ive only been useing plastics 4 a cple of months!!!) :1prop: got sum of them blades to, u tried them yet?

ha ha ha ha good 1 rayr, i spent a fair wad over the last week meself!!! im guna have to get a beter storage system 4 em, just counted them and ive got 30 packs of plastics and a tub of them gulp alive plastics in the solution stuff (and ive only been useing plastics 4 a cple of months!!!) :1prop: got sum of them blades to, u tried them yet?

Mate I've got no idea what they are.... I need a bit of educating...

there a metal blade type lure that vibrate as they are wound in, a few of the guys on this site are haveing a lot of sucess with them, they have an awesome vibrating action as u retrieve them,

HI my name is mitch and i am addicted to plastics...... :1prop:

I have the same problem and it all started about 8 years ago when placcies hit our shores in a big way. I have been uxing them for lizards for a lot longer nut nream bass and jew for about the last 8 years. I was down going through the new boat that i look like buying today and being close to a local tackle shop, decided to stop in. 15 blades later and 13 packets of placcies later i was satisfied.

Its more of an addiction than a hobby, but we only live once so what the heck, theres only so many things to enjoy in life so take them for gratid and enjoy at will

I would hate to even begin to think of the thounsands of bucks that i have spent on plastics etc over the years. I have always been lucky enough to have rod and line sponsorships so that has worked in my favour but i reckon i have made up on it in lures. Jig heads are just as bad. I make a lot of my own in ball, minnow and hidden weight systems but i would at any given time have no less than 500 of each of my usual sizes and weights in there dedicated boxes. it adds up but where fisherman and this is what we love to do

Mitch

ray r, cool they look alright, what will you be targeting up broughton? snapper? i reckon there would be sum huge drummer up there, it would be gr8 parken the boat and haven a fish off the rocks with sum bread burley bread bait , cunjie, and the old royal red prawns! i wonder if you could pull them away from the rocks if your in the boat? i walked down to the lake shore thismorning and had a flick with blades and plastics didnt get a hit :mad3: its like the fish have gone to sleep in lake macquarie :1prop: