Georges Sp Session

squid hunter

Gday fellow raiders :1fishing1:

Went out on sat with the intention of a nice day on the bay for a couple trevs, carlton blacks :beersmile: , couple cephalopods maybe even a kingy if we could get a couple of little inkers.. But it was not to be :05: . Was a little choppy on the way :bump0ee: (got a bit wet n cold) so we decided to go back further up the Georges for a SP session.

Went to a couple of jew spots with the hope of a middle of the day Hebrew but we had no such luck not even a touch. (Still 0 Jews for career - besides a little tacker at Stokes Hill Wharf in Darwin – Any hints would be great!) So once again we decided to change plan and go for lizards bream and whatever else came along

Further up river we had a bit more action landing couple of whiting and some mid size flatties - but like most days it was a catch a release session so I got no photos sorry raiders

Later on in the session I had a great hit on the jig up and this thing was off like a bag of prawns in the sun, a screaming run . Turned out to be a beaut George’s bream, great fish - shows how quality of the fish in the Georges has really improved over the years. Was gonna keep for dinner but i thought we’d keep the trend going and put him back. Got a pic but prob not best quality as it was on fone .

good quality day - always beats working

regards

Squid Hunter

PS. Dont be fooled by the prawns - we had some youngsters on board

post-7865-1217317919_thumb.jpg

Edited by squid_hunter

great bream i love it when there nose goes blue they thump just like a snapper

great report and love the pic of the blue nose

looks like a debate on polluted waters brewing obove :1yikes:

bring it on but not here start a new header

cherrs gary