Berkley Gulp Worm's

Scon

Hi raiders,

can someone or anyone please tell me how you would go about rigging the big Gulp 6 inch worm's and how you also would work and retrieve the worm's?

the new colour's in the Berkley Gulp 5 inch Jerk Shad, I am sure that they will also be comming out in 7 inch to at some stage soon, would i be correct in thinking that?

has anyone tried and had any success with and on any of the new colour's in the 5 inch Jerk Shad?

Thanks

Hi Scon,

If you want to use the worm in its full 6 inches then i've found that if you use a normal smallish sized worm hook or jig head in the front of them worm but onto your trace line you have a running swivel and attached to that another little bit of leader and a small long shank hook tied to that which you then put about half way down or slightly further in the worm and you've covered more surface area increasing your chance of hook up.

This can be a bit of a pain to rig up but when we do this we seem to get most fish (whiting, flathead, bream) on the back hook, which pays off.

When retrieving ( i usually fish these in fairly shallow water (4-12foot)) try and keep it in close contact with the bottom as thats where most fish you'll likely catch with that lure (whiting, bream & flathead) will be waiting and searching for worms and things. Try and kick up some sand to make it a bit more attractive and if you feel bites on it, then i'd get out of there as 9/10 times they are leatherjacket, the other 1/10 its a tiny whiting.

As for the jerk shads i would imagine they'll be coming out in the 7 inch in the near future.

Cheers

Josh

Edited by Josh88

Most people just cut them in half and thread them on to an appropriatly weighted jig head. You dont need to work them much at all. I usually just cast it out and then let it sink to the bottow and then do a very slow wind retrieve, no rod work, just slowly drag it over the sand. I have caught flatties, bream and just over legal snapper like this.

I dont know why ppl dont like a stinger hook, some ppl say it ruins the action but i dont think they have an action anyways....

Most people just cut them in half and thread them on to an appropriatly weighted jig head. You dont need to work them much at all. I usually just cast it out and then let it sink to the bottow and then do a very slow wind retrieve, no rod work, just slowly drag it over the sand. I have caught flatties, bream and just over legal snapper like this.

I dont know why ppl dont like a stinger hook, some ppl say it ruins the action but i dont think they have an action anyways....

whats a stinger hook? :unsure:

whats a stinger hook? :unsure:

A stinger hook is a second hook tied on to be used just below your main hook. In some cases it may be a treble left to trail just behind a bait or in this case a small hook threaded through the worm towards the back of it. You dont have to rely on a fish taking the whole bait, if it just hammers the tail you can still hook it.

Dave