It's August. What Are You Targetting?

Davemmm

August is upon us. The bloody westerlies are due to become more constant but spring is round the corner.

What is your target species for this part of the year?

For mine the flatties start to go on the chew a bit more and I still have abit of time to continue my attempts to master blackfishing.

Dave

Absolutely nothing!! its freezing! the weather has been shocking lately though! The last time i went out i put out my usual berley stream i didnt have any of the usual trevs or bream so i have hung up the rod for a bit... still wanna get a dory on plastics tho!

I'm targeting extra time under the doona! I'm still trying to recover from the hairtail night.

Cheers, Slinky

Definitely with Slinky on the sleeping part.

Don't have time to get out for a fish atm, too much school.... :thumbdown:

still wanna get a dory on plastics tho!

Hey Dicko, I'm also hell-bent on luring a Dory or two. I reckon a Takaibura jig is the go. The challenge with luring Dory is their ultra slow stalking behaviour. They quite literally stalk their prey moving in only millimetres at a time undetected due to their stealth, then boof their target with the remarkably extensible gob. So a lure that 'works' with an absolute minimum of angler input - or better yet left unattended in a rod holder should be the ticket.

Here's the chosen weapon, bring it ON :biggrin2:

post-6106-1217426934_thumb.jpg

gday all, ive been flogging lake macquarie lately for hardly any results (waters just to cold 4 the fish :1prop:) im looking 4ward to the flatties comeing on the chew too davemmm, and im going to give my other fishing passion a work out :tease: and thats tackleing drummer off the rocks, gr8 time of year 4 them and ive been getting that wrapped up in me soft plastic fishing that i havent been for a while, so i shall get some pics and reports up as soon as i get a chance to go rockhopping!!!!!! :1fishing1:

if my back was not playing up, the fish of choice i would target would, be jewies in august, its not my favoured month, but what the heck, the colder the better..........tight line raiders.... i luv :1fishing1:

Edited by alberto

Apart from my usual bream chasing I will be definatly casting more for Jew and XOS Lizards in the coming month.

Probably get back up to Glenbawn if I get a chance as I love Bass In August as well

MItch

Hey Dicko, I'm also hell-bent on luring a Dory or two. I reckon a Takaibura jig is the go. The challenge with luring Dory is their ultra slow stalking behaviour. They quite literally stalk their prey moving in only millimetres at a time undetected due to their stealth, then boof their target with the remarkably extensible gob. So a lure that 'works' with an absolute minimum of angler input - or better yet left unattended in a rod holder should be the ticket.

Here's the chosen weapon, bring it ON :biggrin2:

post-6106-1217426934_thumb.jpg

That looks like a nice jig there, i think i saw something like that on a show a few weeks back... Let me know how it goes.

I was thinking of an extremely light weighted sp that has plenty of tail movement with minimal input, like a wriggler or possibly a fish... i have a few dory sessions planned in the coming weeks so will definately post a report if i do manage one