Whittley Boats Opinions?

MrGenius

After opinions on the build and quality of Whittley boats. Looked at the ones that were at the boat show and the Clearwater Walkaround seems to have everything we are after, it was a white + black boat in hall 3 i think.

Anyone got one of these or can give further info on them? or maybe other boats in the 6m+ range that have similar features.

Cheers,

Nathan

Nathan,

I looked at the 2100 Walkaround a while ago. The Clearwater range is from the US business Whitley bought a few years back & is 100% US made & fully imported. The certainly look the goods for the $$"s & got very good reviews from the boating press when released out her about 2 years ago. They compared quite well with other boats in their class for features, fishability & finish. I thought they were very good value. But I've never seen one on the water to ask the owner about them. My next door neighbour had an older Australian built Whitley & he was very impressed with it.

I'm sure others here will have some opinions on the brand & hopefully you will find someone who has experienced the walkaround first hand.

Paul

Looked at the ones that were at the boat show

Ahh that's how it starts!!

We used to have a 18 foot Whittley Voyager. Was a great little boat but after about 3 years the little things started falling apart, studs around the clears, hand rails in the cabin, etc. Nothing major though and easy enough to touch up.

We had many a weekend on the water and was really our introduction to the Hawkesbury and surrounds.

Wouldn't hesitate to buy one again and the newer bigger models look like alot of bang for your buck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MrGenuis, how did you go with the Whittley 2100 WA? The reason I ask mate is because Whittley are wanting us to stock their boats and have been for about 6 months. I would be interested in your thoughts on what made this boat attractive. I have been in one and they are very solid and ride very well with good sea keeping capabilites so I am not asking how they ride, but more what attracted you to it in the first place. I guess price and value for money would be high on your list because with a 150HP E-TEC I am looking at pricing this at about $60K so hard to beat in this class.

I am also looking at stocking the Sealegend range, but they are a few price brackets up from the 2100WA.

Thanks in advance,

Huey.