Jervis Bay This Weekend

cantab

Hi All,

A mate & I are heading to Jervis Bay for a days fishing this weekend.

We plan to launch from Callala Bay boat ramp.

Trouble is we only have an older sounder that apparantly doesn't take GPS coordinates.

Can anyone give us a rough visual guide as to where we could have a go? even if it's just to anchor up & berley.

Would like to have a go at kings but might be a bit of a trip to the cliffs??

Any tips / advice for a fun days fishing in Jervis would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Cantab, hope you have a great and safe weekend away, can't help you with GPS stuff as I don't know the area, you guys have a good time and keep an eye on the weather.. Cheers.. P.S I'll be up Nelson Bay this weekend..

Cheers Ray! good luck up Nelson Bay also, I'll be interested to hear how you went!!

As we can't enter GPS marks in our sounder anyway we are just keen to hear of approximate areas to fish.

hope someone can help ...

Cheers Ray! good luck up Nelson Bay also, I'll be interested to hear how you went!!

As we can't enter GPS marks in our sounder anyway we are just keen to hear of approximate areas to fish.

hope someone can help ...

Try Middle Ground - which is about 1/3 to 1/2 way between the heads. Sound out the area and you should be able to find the change in depth from around 80ft to 50ft. Have caught kingies there before using live yakkas.

Jeff

Hi mate,

I dont fish JB as much as i would like too but here is a list of where I have had luck :thumbup:

K - KINGS

Y - YAKAS

SL - SLIMIES

T - TAILOR

SQ - SQUID

SN- SNAPPER

post-2621-1218083299_thumb.jpg

Make sure you are not fishing in any of the closed waters :)

PM me your email if you want a larger printable version..

Robbie.

Edited by Robbielites

You can fish the Shoalhaven or St Georges Basin if the swell is up. In the bay itself you can try off honeymoon bay on the east side, Plantation point for some snapper, Callala Bay for flathead. Make sure you take some squid jigs, always bound to get some calamari around the weed bed fringes (for live bait and tucker). Jervis Bay is renowned for its clear water.