Bow Mounting Argh Help

Golden Monk

Hi,

Well I got my boat, now having fun problems with bow mount , trying to figure out the best way to bolt it down.

Now it seems the only bolts that will fit are the 2 top ones, and only the other 2 down left had side, otherwise I will be drilling into the hull, would having 3 screws down one side and one on the right top corner be fine to mount it? or would this cause it to not be steady enough.

thanks.

drill through your gunnel and bolt up all six. U will be putting alot of pressure on the side bolts by not doing them all. When we did mine it meant I had to remove some of the decking, drill out the pop rivets and remove the anchor mould. But on the good side no one can get in there to get to the 2 bolts to steal the thing. Do it properly the first time, I reckon short cuts will get u into bother.

drill through your gunnel and bolt up all six.  U will be putting alot of pressure on the side bolts by not doing them all.  When we did mine it meant I had to remove some of the decking, drill out the pop rivets and remove the anchor mould.  But on the good side no one can get in there to get to the 2 bolts to steal the thing.  Do it properly the first time, I reckon short cuts will get u into bother.

30620[/snapback]

Dont say that Rick he will be back for two more holes

Hope all went well GM ?? did you mount your batery box yet??

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

drill through your gunnel and bolt up all six.  U will be putting alot of pressure on the side bolts by not doing them all.  When we did mine it meant I had to remove some of the decking, drill out the pop rivets and remove the anchor mould.  But on the good side no one can get in there to get to the 2 bolts to steal the thing.  Do it properly the first time, I reckon short cuts will get u into bother.

30620[/snapback]

Dont say that Rick he will be back for two more holes

Hope all went well GM ?? did you mount your batery box yet??

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

30670[/snapback]

Hi Mick,

Just have to thank yourself and Dean again for giving what I would say is very unexpected customer service from a store ,my faith has been renewed :biggrin2: .

You guys went out of your way to help with setup and mounting my electric, drilling the holes for mounting and then finishing it off by putting in all the other holes so that the cables could run neatly through the boat..I dont know what I would've done or made a mess of without the help, and on a Sunday too! :1yikes: with outstanding rates! ... What Rates! :thumbup: , well I can say this will definately be my store or preference now for all things fishing.

Yeah, I mounted my battery box, now is something that should'nt be hard..but well I lost a screw under the flooring and had to unscrew the floor deck..sheesh, no wonder my wife doesn't let me fix things around the house. :risata:

Had a few cast on chipping norton lake with no bites but there are plenty of mammoth from what I could tell mullet, but they didnt touch the plastics, but I think they would be a good target for a fish, gotta work out the bait for em.

Moved over into the shadows and I had a tail bitten off, then hooked into something but I hadn't adjusted the drag so didnt set the hook.

All in all with everything that went on yesterday it was a good day, and once again thanks for yours and Dean's service.

Edited by Golden Monk