Swr Or Coffs

The Poacher

Hi Raiders,

I am planning my annual leave around the great fishing on the mid north coast around March/April. Normally we go to South West Rocks, but I am finding it lacking in a couple of areas, notably -

1) I need better/resort style accomodation for the family. You know, kids club, something for my wife to laze by etc etc

2) the bar is always a shocker and I am always relieved to have weather where you can get out. You still loose a fair proportion of days to it though.

The upside for SWR has been fantastic fishing.

I can potentially get the best of both worlds if I go to Coffs. Has anyone done this? fished both etc etc. People do say it fishes well, but I always have my doubts when it is such a big population centre.

I mainly live bait and sportsfish out of a 6.25 Cruise Craft.

Thanks in advance.

The Poacher

Hi Poacher,

I live up here and anywhere between SWR and Coffs is top fishing.

I don't use the bars ,too bloody dangerous Lost a mate and about three others

where lucky, just losing the boats. My boat is fibreglass and I beach it any place up the coast

my recovery strap drags it up and my winch {old navy divers winch} 15to 1 ratio

just brings it on trailer no fuss. School holidays is the worst time.I head to un patrolled beaches.

Cheers Rick.

I think you have already summed it up. When in doubt. DON'T. SWR has lost its appeal for me. This year was the first in 10 that I have missed going there. Went south of SYDNEY and had a ball.AND CAUGHT PLENTY OF QUALITY FISH.

CHEERS BART. :1fishing1:

Nice work Bart. It takes a bit to move from a reliable location - especially when you only get a few weeks holiday per year.

Do you mean you fished out of Sydney, or that you went down to Bermagui or Jervis bay or somewhere.

The Poacher

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Poacher,

Sorry about the late reply. Coffs is my absolute favourite fishing location on the East Coast. Fishing is awesome... I think I e-mailed you some shots of the Snapper and Cobes we caught there last April.

I can put you in touch with a gun local who I'm sure would be happy to give you all the right info. He's also totally clued into what's happening where, fish wise, on any given day.

There's heaps of accomodation options in the area, depending on what you want. My family and I really like the Anuka Beach Resort.

You've got my e-mail address so if you're interested, drop me a line or give me a call in the office. I'll give you the contact info.

Catch up soon.

Cheers, Slinky