Sydney Harbour New Years Eve

hoges1974

Just wondering who has taken there boat on the harbour new years eve. have been wanting to do it for years and now i have a boat it is possible BUT i have been hearing all kinds of stories about how many boats are out there how ruff it gets ect ect

So who has been out there, is it worth it, Does it get rough with all the boats ect, When can you move, where is a good spot considering my boat is only 5.2 letres long, or is it best to stay home get pissed and watch the fireworks on tv

Any help appreciated

where is a good spot considering my boat is only 5.2 letres long, or is it best to stay home get pissed and watch the fireworks on tv

Any help appreciated

Or somewhere in between.....you could mount a TV on your boat in the driveway...... :1prop:

Cheers,

Cam

The Harbour is no place for the squeamish on NYE. It gets very crowded , and many of the people out in their boats have very little idea of how to safely operate them . There are many No Go areas in force , and Maritime and Water Police have a highly visible presence . If you do go , the tip is get there EARLY , pick your spot and stay there. At some vantage points , you can literally walk from one boat to another across its breadth !!

Ross