Sand Returing To Our Beaches

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

This local fella and his wife , both whom I don`t know , took my possie in front of a puddle behind the School AT Old Bar this arvo.

I spent 2 1/2 hours feeding little Flatties , but never got once decent bite.

As you can probably make out , the sand is slowly comming back , because 3 weeks ago this sretch of the beach , was a Quarry.

It was rubble , all the way down to the drop off.

The Gravel band you see way up the beach , stretched the entire Distance from Old Bar Beach to Wallabi Point , which was tough going .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Trouble, This Pic is a close up of that rubble band , taken soon after a 5 day period of waves reaching 15 foot at times , lashed the area for almost 2 weeks .

The huge waves were accompanied by southerlys 15 - 25 knotts which persisted for a total of 3 weeks .

As you can see mate , its some sort of Quarry Gravel , that is continuously being wahed washed down the Manning from a disused ( I think ) Quarry well up River ( I think its About 30Ks or so ) .

So what happens is , the the Nor Easters push the sand up on the beach , and the more agressive storms pulls it back.

So after a severe storm you have one huge sandbank in front , and just have to wait for nature to take its course and reshape it .

And I have to tell you , Its a Real Bugga Trying to Push A plastic Rod Holder through the Gravel.

Still , even after all this , the Jews still keep comming.

The pic in question is Badgers Beach At Old BAR , I`ll post a pic of it fully Clothed from the same spot, shortly.

Mick

The second pic ( fully Clothed ) was taken from another viewing Plaform on the roadway, whilst the close up photo was taken from the middle of the beach .

If you look about halfway up left of screen in the second Shot , well thats where I took the close up.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Cheers mick..yeah those swells sure do some damage to the beach..at south narrabeen after large sea's 10ft plus it leaves decent size cliffs thats if ya fall of it you can do some damage..they had to bring in sand because of that fact it was eating away the beach and was metres away from units.. ill see if i can dig a few pics of this damage caused by mumma nature..fingers crossed i can find em..

Great pics by the way..especially of the ground perspective of the stones !! :thumbup:

As long as the jew are flowing !! :biggrin2:

cheers,

Rob

edit: just put the pic in..isnt the one i was lookin for but you get the idea of the damage..the day after this it was closer to the house's and a more shaper dramatic drop of a sand hill

post-76-1107740778_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trouble

G`day Fellas .

Troubless , you can actually see the sand in that pic still being given a workover by the surf , even though the wave height has obviously decreased somewhat.

But it looks like you have deep water there , and I would Kill for dep water here.

Still it shows perfectly , just how The weather can work against you though.

Next time I go down towards the Meridian Resort , ( The Meridian Resort Is approximately I kilm South of Badgers ) I will take a few snaps of the erosion they have had there ( scary !).

I would also love to get a good aerial Pic of that part of the coastline , but the two ultralight pilots I have approached recently as well as before , have declined A $20.00 sling , just to take a few snaps for me with my Digi , or even with a throw away in case they were scared of dropping it.

Those people walking in single file , a school excursion perhaps ? .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

I cant admit to taking that pic or giving money for the pic..i would be a $20.00 man aswell..they where prostesing over a sea wall being put along the beach or sumthing along the lines of that..and they won..

It would be great if there was a plane service for us beach fisherman that took daily/weekly shots..would make life much easier..

G`day Fellas ,

Jaso , the President of the committee to keep it open called in Sunday , and amongst other things said it was back to almost a trickle .

He also said that local Member Turner , was awaiting a reply to a request for 10 million dollars 5 each for Old Bar And Harrington to deal with the siltation , but I will know more after the meeting sometime this week.

I was actually going to head up there today for a floggin and pic shoot , but as the weather looked a bit threatening , I changed my mind.

As far as Tags is concerned , I will ask my neighbour Tomorrow , he used to work there , and is sort of In the loop .

Betcha ya didn`t know , that somebody fell from the second story balcony , and walked away .

I would loved to have bought a lottery ticket with that Fella.

I have a pic somewhere I`ll see if I still have it , you would not believe it Mate , I`m told " Not A scratch"!.

Mick