Johnson Outboards

flatty hunter626

i posted this topic earlier but not sure if it worked off my phone and as its not here any more. i was reading in F&B that johnson outboards will not be sold in aus any more???......any one have any info on this??....huey???...u stock them so i hope u may b able to help??>

cheers flatty hunter

Hi Flatty, BRP who make and sell Evinrude and Johnson outboards are not making the famous Johnson brand anymore. Yes they still have some stock of carby 2-Stroke and 4-Stroke outboards, that they are selling very very cheaply and once they have gone we will not have any more Johnson to sell. From what I have been told BRP still own the Johnson brand name and trust me BRP are a very innovative company, who make a lot of cool engines and it would not surprise me to see the Johnson name relaunched in a few years with a totally new marine propulsion system using the skills of compamies like Rotax (who they own) or some of the things that I saw at BRP HQ in Canada last year. Trust me guys what I saw last year, if only half come to market, then watch out because some very very cool stuff is dreamt up by the R & D guys and girls at BRP. If you have a Johnson, do not worry because the name is still one of the most famous in the marine industry and you can still buy parts for 1960s models, so part supplies will never be an issue.

Cheers and as more knowledge comes to hand about the Johnson name I will be the first to post here on Fishraider.

Huey.

We used to have Johnson outboards here up until about 7 or 8 years ago.

UMW (The Komatsu dealer) were the agents for Johnson but they stopped selling them.

A few years later they left also.

What has happened to OMC?

Hi Carl, OMC was sold to BRP back in 2000 and it was the best thing that ever happened to the famous Evinrude and Johnson brands because BRP have ALOT more technical expertise and dollars behind them. What really made BRP want OMC was the DI technology that OMC had developed and what we see today is the second generation improved DI in the E-TEC technology. Across the whole BRP family this technology is being used because the EPA has just as much affect on all leisure products as it does on the marine industry and the E-TEC technology being so simple works in all products like SKI DOO and the like.

Cheers,

Huey.