Koolabung Xray Blades

adkel53

G'day fellow lure tossers,

While browsing in my local tackle shop this morning I came across some blade type lures with the name mentioned above on the packet. They weigh 6 grams and have a coloured head end with the tail half being basically transparent. They have three tow points like the TTs have. The price was $13.95 and there were at least 6 different colours on display. Having not used these style of lures yet (but preparing to get some TTs &/or VX40s to add to the arsenal), I am just wondering if any raiders have seen/used these lures and how they compare to the other two mentioned.

Cheers

Kel

kel,

I have actually bought one but I have not had a chance to use it yet, I am just waiting for this weather to settle and out I go. I dont think the weight is that big an issue but I guess time will tell.

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

Thanks guys. The weight could be an advantage when targetting lizards in 2-4 metres though couldn't it? I'm thinking of alternatives to the usual soft plastics that I am used to using around the drop offs and weed beds for lizards and perhaps around deeper bridge pilons for bream. Has anyone tried slightly larger trebles (or even a single hook) on the rear of blade lures in order to improve their holding ability on species like flathead?

Kel

They will work on lizards for those situations but you will need a heavy leader and a pair of longnose pliers as the flatties tend to swallow them right down

They should work on bream on bridge pilons as long as they have some action on the drop A few subtle twitches as it drops may get hits

We will have to catch up sometime as you arent to far away from me

I have both TT and the Koolas

the TT have a far better action than the Koolas

I found the TT's start vibing as soon as you start lifting your tip :thumbup:the Koolas take about 20cm of movment to get going :thumbdown:

I lost 2 TT's today and a Camion in 1 hour session for 1 hit and no fish.

Guess I will have to stock up again.

I am now a big fan of the Koolas. Have been giving them a lot of work lately.

I have found that on my last couple of outings that they have outfished other blade ttypes with the Eco models coming in close second.

I have heard reports of quite a few jew being taken on them as well

I would recommend taking the trebles off and replacing with Owner 12's

Mitch