Harbour Report

doug43

Hey All,

Bolted a minn kota to the tinny during the week and today was the first day out with it.

Started at 8 this morning for the high tide visiting all the usual spots but this time stalking in with the electric. First fish of the day fought spiritedly and ended up being a genuine elbow slapping whiting at 43cms it's the best i've ever pulled aboard. After a few quick pics i sent him swimming again and continued to work the same spot for two really decent runs that pulled the hooks both times! Don't you just hate this it's get the heart rate right up there and then out of nowhere all you have is slack line.

post-7411-1218876241_thumb.jpg

Moved on to the next few spots and started to have really good success on the flatties and a few trevs.

After a few hours on the water i realised i was pulling at least double the amount of fish from each of my usual spots in comparison to other times i'd fished them and all of this was no doubt a result of the new toy mounted on my bow.

Can't wait to get back out there and try some of the other spots..... Don't know how i've done without it for soo long.

Doug.

post-7411-1218876333_thumb.jpg post-7411-1218876293_thumb.jpg

Edited by doug43

Yes Doug,

We put a small electric on the bow recently. It is actually a transom mount and we have turned the handle around and mounted it on the bow. It took a little bit of work to run it back to battery but how good are they. Makes launching much easier for me too because the kids can use it and get the boat out and back..

Plus the fish don't know your coming....

Spence