Fishing Trip

Luringbream

I'm looking for a place to go for around 5-7 days at the end of or in the new year, preferably up north around the great barrier reef however i'm open to suggestions and would appreciate if i could get some feedback from others and their trips in the past.

I will have the missus with me and fortunately she's agreed to spend an equal amount of time fishing(or not complaining about it) :thumbup: as she does shopping and getting her massages or whatever girls do.

So yea just any ideas or trips that you can recommend will be great.

Regards,

Daniel

I'm looking for a place to go for around 5-7 days at the end of or in the new year, preferably up north around the great barrier reef however i'm open to suggestions and would appreciate if i could get some feedback from others and their trips in the past.

I will have the missus with me and fortunately she's agreed to spend an equal amount of time fishing(or not complaining about it) :thumbup: as she does shopping and getting her massages or whatever girls do.

So yea just any ideas or trips that you can recommend will be great.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Dan,

Check out a place called Gove in the NT, the fishing is unreal even land based.

Cheers

Roffo

As an ex Sydney boy who ventured North for a holiday, I can personally recommend a trip to Tropical Cairns.

The accomodation is available from backpackers hostels (well equipped with pools), motels and then up to the 5+ star to suit all tastes.

We stayed in a typical motel with the regular facilities and pool table, etc for a very modest sum.

Plenty of shops for the :wife: to blow your hard earned cash on, many golf courses, many, many excellent tourist locations, tours, etc that will pick you up from your hotel.

Based in Cairns you can take a coach to Port Douglas, then you can take the fast cat to Cooktown or hire a 4x4 if you are proficient enough. I took a bottom fishing trip from Cairns and caught my very first Spaniard floating a pillie under a baloon. Had a great mixed bag of reef fish also.

Tours to Mission Beach with connecting ferry to Dunk Island , again pick you up from your hotel.

Trips out to Green and Fitzroy Island depart daily, by either fast or slow cat, snorkelling is magnificent in these islands. Fitzroy Island also has beautiful nature walks.

Tours up to the tablelands, the Kuranda railway trip, local markets in both Cairns and Kuranda, cable car up to the tablelands, unbelievable curtain fig tree, also the accommodation in the rainforest. Did I mention Lake Eacham - they also have tours on the lake.

Beautiful beaches at Palm Cove, Clifton Beach, Trinity Beach, Yorkeys Knob and Holloways Beach, just getting to them is a blow-out driving along the highway adjacent to the coast. You will also get to see the hangliders off double Island.

Shit!!! I should be a travel agent.

But seriously, my holiday to Cairns deeply affected me - so much so that the company I worked for had a branch in Townsville and I was successful in getting a transfer there. As a resident rep I was then able to enjoy 1 week in every month in Cairns, Port Douglas and Cooktown.

Did I forget to mention the Barra tours, hooking into your firts barra is something you will never forget - the by catch aint too bad either - fingermark, jacks

Good pubs, nightclubs, sports clubs and plenty of eateries.

I thoroughly recommend Cairns.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Carl