Trying To Identify My Boat Yeat

secki

Hi all, was wondering if any Pongrass owners here, i cant find Pongrass info anywhere, i am tryign to ID my boats year for insurance. Ive been told the last owner had it as 1997 model, but i think its 87, possibly 77 ? anyway here are some pics. Its a Pongrass Aquarius.

post-6867-1218802038.jpg

Hi Secki, boats of the age of yours did not have any serial number that means anything in terms of age. Your boat is not a 1997 or even a 1987. I would be guessing but looking at the photo I would guess the boat and outboard are original which if the outboard is a 1974 model, the boat will also be the same age. No big deal about boat age if the floor and transom are still solid and if the old Johno is still running, which many still are, just enjoy it and when the time comes repower her with a later model or new outboard.

Post the model number of the outboard and I can confirm the age,

Cheers,

Huey.

im not concerned about the age, just want it to be right on the insurance papers ! Floor is still good, and transom strong, motor runs well, its a 40EL74S. Thats the plan keep the boat and if the motor craps itself replace it later. I got plenty of receipts for services and work done to the motor so it should be good foro a while yet, old motors seem to last forever if they are looked after. Also im tryign to chase down some decals for the motor cover, any ideas?

Hi Mate, if that is the case just put down 1974 model and you can be pretty confident that is right-Yes your outboard is a 1974 model and yes the simple 2-Stroke design has been proven many times over to last. Do a water pump service every couple of years, run good quality oil and flush after use and that Johno should run for another 30 odd years.

Decal sets for this age outboard are NLA, but try Southern Cross Digital ( a fellow sponsor) and I am sure they could make something to put a new face on the old girl.

Cheers,

Huey.

secki, your boat reminds me of one of a laugh i had one day when i saw a guy with a boat very similar but he had converted is back to a tiller steer. Cracker watching him drive along...

probably not super safe but!