Boat Ramps..

Golden Monk

Hi,

Was just thinking of boat ramps and suitable launching for solo boaters.

What about something like a boat ramp section where photos could be posted of the various boat ramps around that we all use, a lot have digital cameras nowadays and could take a shot post it and describe if there is a jetty or not around it and anby other useful information, possibly even a rating for solo launching.

Just a suggestion...what do you think?

Guest Big-Banana

Name: Terrigal

Type of ramp (cement, sand etc): Cement

General Description: A 3 lane ramp but usually two due to shonky driving by some once-a-year boaters. Not very steep and a big drop from concrete to sand. On the cafe side of the ramp there is a massive hole which I only found out about after falling into it :hitsfan:

Capacity (eg 3 lane ramp): 3 Lane

Parking facilities: Plenty but on Annual holidays and good weather weekends it can get pretty crowded.

Fees: None

Hazards: Not very steep so with a larger boat the trailer needs to go for a swim. Smaller boats are relatively easy to launch. Dont attempt to drive the boat straight onto the trailer, IMO winching is the way to go.

Facilities (Jetty, shop, wash bay, fish cleaning table etc): Fish cleaning tables with taps, Cafe, Coastguard on the ramp, toilets on entry.

Solo launching?: I would be very very against it. Just to many hazards. But many locals who sit around the cleaning tables early morning help out sometimes.

Any other relevant information: No jetty, so a good pair of waders comes into their own if you dont like getting wet. A long rope is needed to keep the boat off the sand. Dont be scared of the massive rays that come into shallow water near the ramp. They are harmless.

Hope I havent missed anything.