Surf Rock Outfit

kingie321

Hi fishos,

Looking to put together an outfit for the warmer months which I can bait set for jewies on beaches and cast lures from rocks hopefully for the odd good kingie. Would the Calcutta 700 suit the snyderglas su177?

Is this combination a good match?

Just looking for one quality combo for a beach / rock use so if you have a suggestion I'm all ears :1prop:

regards

Kingie321

Hopefully I'll be posting Pics from the outfit in coming months

If your not going to be high speed spinning then it is hard to go past the trusty abu 7000 or 7000c3. This will give you more to spend on a rod and the Live Fibre BZ400 10x is a cracker of a blank. I have one built with a few inches cut from the tip to enable me to cast heavier baits like whole tailor and mullet and it does it with ease. At 13ft and graphite its easy to hang onto for long periods which the su177 won't be.

Cheers Shane.

If your not going to be high speed spinning then it is hard to go past the trusty abu 7000 or 7000c3. This will give you more to spend on a rod and the Live Fibre BZ400 10x is a cracker of a blank. I have one built with a few inches cut from the tip to enable me to cast heavier baits like whole tailor and mullet and it does it with ease. At 13ft and graphite its easy to hang onto for long periods which the su177 won't be.

Cheers Shane.

Cheers Shane. I'll look into it. I've had happy times on a barra rod with an abu.

I had heard good things about the snyderglas from a mate though. Does the live fibre bz400 x10 come in a ready to cast product or is it a matter of getting someone to make one up.

The live fibre does come ready built but only in low and med mount not built for an overhead. The snyder blanks are fine but the su177 series will be a monster of a rod especially if built up as an overhead. Your arms will look like popeye after a few sessions.

The live fibre does come ready built but only in low and med mount not built for an overhead. The snyder blanks are fine but the su177 series will be a monster of a rod especially if built up as an overhead. Your arms will look like popeye after a few sessions.

Sounds like a rethink I'll look into the abu / live fibre option