Soft Plastics Rod

Hey guys

im interested in getting into soft plastic fishing and wish to purchase a rod to suit, to be used in estuaries and off jettys. I was just wondering what rod you guys advise for $100 budget and what line class to look for. Also i heard that graphite is better than fiberglass but how much better is full graphite compared to composite graphite? The rods i had in mind were the Shimano Catana, Shimano Sonic Pro, SFS (BCF exclusive) and the Ugly Stick Gold.

thanx in advance :)

Hey guys

im interested in getting into soft plastic fishing and wish to purchase a rod to suit, to be used in estuaries and off jettys. I was just wondering what rod you guys advise for $100 budget and what line class to look for. Also i heard that graphite is better than fiberglass but how much better is full graphite compared to composite graphite? The rods i had in mind were the Shimano Catana, Shimano Sonic Pro, SFS (BCF exclusive) and the Ugly Stick Gold.

thanx in advance :)

For around $100 i would be looking at Berkley Dropshots 1-3 or 2-4kg or for a touch more Pfluger Trions 2-4kg.

That said the Catana is a good value rod to start of with. I might be able to help out with a cheap one. PM me if your interested.

Cheers

Chris

For around $100 i would be looking at Berkley Dropshots 1-3 or 2-4kg or for a touch more Pfluger Trions 2-4kg.

That said the Catana is a good value rod to start of with. I might be able to help out with a cheap one. PM me if your interested.

Cheers

Chris

thanx, yeh ive heard a bit about the Berkley Dropshots except i dont know any places near me that sell them.

The Berkley or the Pflueger are both great rods at a very good price point. Look around and you should fine one for 100 bucks. Depending on where and how your fishing 4lb to 10lb braid would fit the combo.

i did some ringing around at local tackle stores and my selection (for the $100 and under budget) is between the Catana 701 or the Ugly stick gold 7" 2-4 kg's. What do you guys recon?

Catana......or you can have my 2 piece Catana for $45.

Chris

Mate the pflueger trion 4-10lb rod is a gem. Should definitely consider it. I got one online for under 100 bucks.

Check it out if you can find one- IM-8 graphite, light as a feather and can handle a bit of hard work. I got it matched to a shimano sensilte 1500mg (japanese model) with 4lb fireline. Nice little combo.