Birdie Beach A Few Days Ago

Hooch

Hi went for a fish on birdie, nice little session, kept a nice thick surf breamo going 35, beautiful fish and they taste bloody delicious i reckon, poor thing lol :beersmile:

Anyway played up this trevally type fish, it fought quite hard on 4kg and went 37cm. Looking in my little fish book I picked it for a Golden Trevally. Then I saw that Al Belisimo rock video and it was a dead ringer for what they were calling a samson fish. Apart from the tuna like tail, blured vertical gold stripes with the dark bars, the other distinctive thing about it was it made croaking noises out of the water. Reckon a Golden Trev is it?

Not being keen on eating something when i don't know what it is i let it and a smaller one go.

Also managed to snap my sand spike off, i have to work anyway so no worries, in for repairs.

Edited by Hooch

Hooch is right its a pretty sh1tty place to fish. No good gutters and definately no Jew :1prop: ......... Tides look good for a fish on Wednesday night noit sure where I will be going :1tongue:

Just be careful up there after dark gentlemen of the other persuasion frequent the car park of a night :1boff:

Never had any problem with the car but maybe I have just been lucky. I never leave anything of value in the car and leave the glove box open.

I did have a run in one night with one of the #@%&* that hang out there. In the deepest manly voice I could muster I told him I wasn't intersted and he left me alone. Not really a place I like to fish by myself at night.

The other place we usually fish is a bit further down the beach in Budgewoi at the end of Weemala St. Usually less people, good gutters and where you park your car is out the front of a few houses. Feel a bit safer there