Ben Chifley Dam Fishing Competition

Yarraone

size=1]Sorry for the short notice, But i thought I would just let the fishraiders know about a comp this weekend up my way at Bathurst.. :thumbup::1fishing1:

The Lagoon P&C Annual Fishing Competition

13 SEP 2008

The Lagoon P&C Annual Fishing Competition

Again in 2008 Ben Chifley Dam will play host to the Lagoon P&C Annual Fishing Comp. Everyone is encouraged to get out the rod and net and make their way to the Dam on Saturday 13th September to catch that "big" one. There will be great prizes at the presentation from 4pm, raffles, hot food, drinks & snacks available.

Registration is on Friday 12th September between 4pm - 6pm and from 8am on Saturday 13th September at Ben Chifley Dam Cabins.

Entry Fees:

Adult $10

Child $5

Family $20

For more info go to the web site http://www.bathurstregion.com.au/community/?id=4152

As this is a local area for me I will be attending and hope that maybe a few more fishraiders can make the trip... :thumbup:

I have a 5m MONARK named HOOKED. Please if you make the trip come on over and say hello..

Also just a note it has been frostie here lately...

hi Yarraone

i am going , i have been to the last 2. its a good fund raiser for the lagoon school.

i didn't catch many last year but the year befor me and a mate won all the prizes in the adult section. the prizes are great to.

as Yarraone said it would be good to see a few fishraiders out on the dam.

all money is donated to lagoon public school. for those interested lagoon school has under 20 students,

its a rural school and this is the major fundraiser for the school. it's a great family day out so bring the kids & see if you can catch a fish.

thanks jim

yarraone if I see your boat I will come & say hi

:beersmile:

Hi Gang,

What fish are we targeting ???

Cheers

Roffo

As far as I know it is mainley redfin, But there used to be great trout as well, and I herd a rumour that there may be the odd silver perch,, it is freshwater anyway and a topday to enjoy the water..

hi Yarraone

i am going , i have been to the last 2. its a good fund raiser for the lagoon school.

i didn't catch many last year but the year befor me and a mate won all the prizes in the adult section. the prizes are great to.

as Yarraone said it would be good to see a few fishraiders out on the dam.

all money is donated to lagoon public school. for those interested lagoon school has under 20 students,

its a rural school and this is the major fundraiser for the school. it's a great family day out so bring the kids & see if you can catch a fish.

thanks jim

yarraone if I see your boat I will come & say hi

no worries jim I will be looking for you today.. I will be listening to channel 96 if you have a marine radio :1fishing1: