Furuno Transducer

caine

Hi There caine,

I just purchased the 620 furuno myself and ended up with an airmar transducer 50 / 200khz with depth and temp . The part number is 31-470-4-03 and is a p66 housing . Now the speed sensor kit that bolts to this housing is 33-346-03 but i figured they are never accurate and my GPS does a better job . Hope this helps i am halfway through my install and cant wait to test her out. Will post a few pics when finished as i am installing it on a drop down transom bracket.

Cheers Dogtooth :1fishing1::1fishing1: John. :beersmile:

can anyone tell me what model number transducer i should get for the furuno fcv 620

im after transom mount with speed and temp

the 620 i purchased came with a FURUNO 520-5MSCA thru hull transducer but i want the transom mount.

if any one is interested in the 520-5MSCA send me a pm

caine

Following are transducer options. Note that you will need to order a connector kit.

I would be interested in your transducer if it is made of bronze.

Option

1. Speed/Temperature Sensor

ST-02MSB (Thru-hull, bronze), ST-02PSB (Thru-hull, plastic), T-02MTB (Transom, bronze), T-02MSB (Thru-hull, bronze), T-03MSB (Thru-hull, bronze)

2. Connector Kit for Connection of Speed & Temperature Sensor or Temperature Sensor Transducers (Specify when ordering)

600 W

520-5PSD (Plastic thru-hull), 520-5MSD (Bronze thru-hull), 525-5PWD (Plastic transom), 525ST-MSD (Bronze thru-hull with a speed/temp sensor), 525ST-PWD (Plastic transom with a speed/temp sensor)

Here's a link with all the info.

http://www.enl.co.nz/index.cfm/PageID/26/P...itle/FCV%2D620#

ok now im confused. :wacko:

that one vote for 8 pin and one vot for 10 pin. which one is it?

Cheers

Count the pins on your thru hull...or just to be sure the connector on the 620.

Those transducers can be a bit of pain to set up, particularly on a deep V hull. If you can use one of those adjustable mounts. Much easier to setup with.

Cheers

C.

Edited by chrisg

ok now im confused. :wacko:

that one vote for 8 pin and one vot for 10 pin. which one is it?

Cheers

Hi Caine.

It is a TEN 10 pin plug ... Read my earlier post the transducer is made by Airmar . It has all the specs and order codes . . The 525ST-PWD calls it a Triducer temp , sonar , The S stands for speed while the 525T-PWD is called a transducer Just temp and Sonar as mentioned below you can buy just the temp and sonar one and add the speed kit , paddle wheel later , the kit numbers are metioned below .

Hope this helps...1fishing1: :1fishing1: My install almost finished pics soon.....

Cheers John..

Hi There caine,

I just purchased the 620 furuno myself and ended up with an airmar transducer 50 / 200khz with depth and temp . The part number is 31-470-4-03 and is a p66 housing . Now the speed sensor kit that bolts to this housing is 33-346-03 but i figured they are never accurate and my GPS does a better job . Hope this helps i am halfway through my install and cant wait to test her out. Will post a few pics when finished as i am installing it on a drop down transom bracket.

Cheers Dogtooth John.

Edited by dogtooth

i would but it hasnt arrived yet.

i have been looking at transducers OS, but looks like the not much difference to buy it locally.

best price I have got for the FURUNO 525STID-PWD in australia is $210

best os is $176 australian delivered

does anyone know of any better deals.

PM a member called "the chop" he knows Furuno backwards and where to get the parts.