Ben Chifley

Matt

Hey all, as part of my on going search for more Trout I have decided to expand out to some of the more marginal Trout Lakes. Ben Chifley Dam (near Bathurst) has popped up on my radar and from what I can gather it holds reasonable Trout as well as Natives.

Has anyone been out there before? The level of the Lake is good (79%), whats access to the lake like?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Windy

Hi Matt

I fish Ben Chiefly dam on a regular basis & the last trout I caught there was 4 years ago, I haven't heard of anyone who has caught a trout, even in the last 12 mnths. You would have more luck catching a cod or yellowbelly but even they are pretty rare. Roads to the dam are now tar. It's a good dam if you want to catch a heap of redfin.

Hey all, as part of my on going search for more Trout I have decided to expand out to some of the more marginal Trout Lakes. Ben Chifley Dam (near Bathurst) has popped up on my radar and from what I can gather it holds reasonable Trout as well as Natives.

Has anyone been out there before? The level of the Lake is good (79%), whats access to the lake like?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Windy

Hey Matt,

This topic has been discussed recently. Try this link it may give you some answers your after.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...c=33718&hl=

hope this is of some info.

Cheers

Mariner