Ettalong Foreshore Fishing

Ray R

G'day Raiders, thought I would try the Ettalong foreshore this arvo, went pumped some nippers at Wagstaffe got 25 or so and went to Ettalong , well the conditions looked good , some nice washy bits but no fish. I ended up nearly walking all the way to Umina searching for fish.

I met a bloke there , his name was Reg had a chat to him, he is only new to the coast and was flicking for flatties , I told him of some good flattie spots and a bit of tackle talk as he was only new to plastic fishing.

Anyway it was a pleasent afternoon even if there were no fish, glad not to be in one of those traffic jams we see on the news.. By the way , the swell is still up and the rocky edges are still dangerous, so take care you rockhoppers and make sure you give it a good 15 minute look before you decide.. No fish pics today , but I did take one of Ettalong in the last of the setting sun.. Cheers...

post-3371-1221120650_thumb.jpg

Great spot there Ray. New camera??? pics are great lately. I enjoy wondering along there for flatties. About a month should see me doing it again when it warms up a bit. Good during the week and early morning before the weekend crowds arrive. Did you try down near where the boats are moored??

Gazza

Great spot there Ray. New camera??? pics are great lately. I enjoy wondering along there for flatties. About a month should see me doing it again when it warms up a bit. Good during the week and early morning before the weekend crowds arrive. Did you try down near where the boats are moored??

Gazza

G'day Gazza, no I didn't get down that far , maybe try down towards the boats next time.. Cheers...

Hey Ray,

Nice report and a great photo of your backyard.

I guess the fish just weren't on if the fresh live nippers couldn't tempt then, then not much else would of given you more success.

I hope you introduced Reg to Fishraider, and or you plan to meet up with him again and follow up his desire to fish with plastics.

Look forward to some more great photos and a report (successfull) or two from your new found fishing pal.

Cheers

Mariner

Ray although I have never really fished for them many times when we were on holidays at Wagstaffe I use to see these guys on the public wharf who fished during the night with worms and mate they had a bucket full of nice whiting. Good spot for squid as well

Cheers

Nice pic. I like fishing the little channel that runs inside the sand bar just off to the right of your photo.If the tide isn't to strong and you can walk out to the edge of the bar, flicking plastics of the left hand edge into the current also works well.

ps loved the photos of the avoca swell

alasdair

:beersmile:

Hi Ray, Hope ur doin well!!!

mate just a favour, i wud luv to catch flatties of the lures and plastics :1fishing1: , i live near woy woy. Was wondering if u cud give me some gud guiding tips and spots to catch flaties!!

Thanks,

Saad.

G'day Raiders, thought I would try the Ettalong foreshore this arvo, went pumped some nippers at Wagstaffe got 25 or so and went to Ettalong , well the conditions looked good , some nice washy bits but no fish. I ended up nearly walking all the way to Umina searching for fish.

I met a bloke there , his name was Reg had a chat to him, he is only new to the coast and was flicking for flatties , I told him of some good flattie spots and a bit of tackle talk as he was only new to plastic fishing.

Anyway it was a pleasent afternoon even if there were no fish, glad not to be in one of those traffic jams we see on the news.. By the way , the swell is still up and the rocky edges are still dangerous, so take care you rockhoppers and make sure you give it a good 15 minute look before you decide.. No fish pics today , but I did take one of Ettalong in the last of the setting sun.. Cheers...

Hi Ray, Hope ur doin well!!!

mate just a favour, i wud luv to catch flatties of the lures and plastics :1fishing1: , i live near woy woy. Was wondering if u cud give me some gud guiding tips and spots to catch flaties!!

Thanks,

Saad.

Not a problem saad, always willing to lend a hand, , send me info of what gear you now and we can make a start in getting you some flatties.. Cheers...

Not a problem saad, always willing to lend a hand, , send me info of what gear you now and we can make a start in getting you some flatties.. Cheers...

Thanks very much ray, i really do appreciate it. Abt the egar mate i use a 5ft rod with small spinning reel with 10lb braid. Have got small lures like scorpion and lively lures and good range of soft plastics, so wat next mate!!!!

Eager to hear from ya

Cheers,

Saad