Harbour Kings

Josh88

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late report, been looking for the camera with pics from Friday but haven't found it...

Left roseville just before 6am on my own after having about 7 mates turn down the offer of coming out due to having exams :1badmood: anyway that just meant more fish for me :1prop:

Knew they would be at the place i was going, a somewhat unusual spot x for kingfish but they're on the move something must have attracted the whitebait here. There were gulls everywhere and kings and tailor popping there heads up frequently. Threw a pilchard pattern CD-9 out the back and was on within 5minutes, what a great start, quickly boated a 68cm king that put up a soft fight until he got into the boat.

About 30min later again on the cd9 hooked another king, this one was much bigger and the reel was screaming like there was no tomorrow, fighting him for about 10min got him near the boat and he was in excess of 80cm but he screamed off on another run and pulled the hooks...damn. Only took another couple of minutes before i was on again and another good sized fish pulling hard, the fish started dancing on the surface with its tail and i couldn't see it well with the sun's glare which made me think it might be a good salmon but it was a good 70cm king.

That was dinner sorted now for some more fun...got 5 or 6 tailor all on the cd9 between about 8-10am all over 50cm but none kept. The kings flared up again for about 10minutes and got into another good one, after a strong fight boated a pb 77cm king, this one was hooked badly in the eye and we had extra people for dinner so kept him as well.

Was very pleased with the day i had and just to top it off tried for squid for 5min and picked up 2 big ones which made me very happy that night.

Cheers

Josh

Edited by Josh88

yeah what a ripper!! you can tell the fishing in the harbour is getting heaps better when the kingies are being consistently picked up on the troll or on metals! I bet this season that we'l see alot more quality fish being taken on yakkas and then we wont have to spend so much time catching squid!!

Top session Josh.

All in middle harbour?

Yeh thanks guys, not in middle harbour at all. Don't want to reveal this spot as you don't often find kings here. Sorry.

Will have another look for camera tonight.

Cheers

Josh