Breambo's In Conjola

brendong

Headed down to Lake Conjola with the family on Wednesday and came back on Saturday night. Awesome spring weather with little to nil boat activity on the system.

Gathered Nippers for a family session and a couple of Poddy's....man not even a touch on both bait sources....couldn't believe it. The lake has had its problems with noxious weed but this time it was full of that slimey clingy weed that's even crept up on 'The Steps' a little. Baits came back covered in the gear which probably wasn't helping with bait presentation. Even the elbow slapping whiting didn't look intrested.

I saw some massive flathead in the system and stumbled upon this big girl not far from the boat ramp near the old bridge they recently removed. I stopped dead when I saw her then ventured into the water to see that it was dead. I really hope it just came into the shallows to die because I'd be Pee'd off to think that someone caught her, killed her and just left her to rot. She was very stinky!!!!

post-4925-1221480555_thumb.jpg

Friday morning got up early and headup past Fish'O's to hit some structures with some lures. First structure hooked up on and lost the rig....damn :mad3: . Thought I'd try out a little hard body 'Trick Trout' lure that's been in the Tackle Box for some time.....3rd cast and landed this little gem. 4lb Fireline matched 8 lb vanish worked a treat and was the first time the FireBlood has been under load. :biggrin2: Quick pic and back in the drink!!!

post-4925-1221481079_thumb.jpg

Just electricing around watching the cows walk up and down the river looking at this joker rugged up in his jacket, beany and tracky daks.....how's the serenity!!!!

Worked back to Fish'O's and stumpled upon a little pack of very hungry Choppers.....Half a dozen later and I couldn't shake them but it wasn't really what I was there for. Plus losing $20 hardbod's to Choppers wasn't all that attractive.

Moved and first throw whack.....another virtually identical Breambo climbed all over the 'Trick Trout' this one headed for the structure and I could feel the 8lb Vanish rubbing back and forth on the structure. Managed to pull him free and boat him too, leader very scuffed, any lighter and it was goodbye Trick Trout. Quick pic and back in the drink!!!

post-4925-1221481106_thumb.jpg

I swear this lure has 9 lives, I must have hooked up on structure half a dozen times and managed to retrieve him each time.

Loving the new Raider Brag mat too....it was worth the wait.

It's always hard tearing yourself away from the place and I've now got a few spots I'm stinging to throw a popper or three at come christmas time.....look out Bass and Breambo's 'I'll be Back!!!'

post-4925-1221481493_thumb.jpg

PS there is a truck load of massive blacky's in the system too.

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Well done PT - shame about the big flattie! :( Good news about the blackies tho! :):thumbup: You'll have to give them a go - then you'll know how hard a fish can really fight!!! :1yikes:

Sounds like the bream are starting to fire on lures again - can't wait for the popping to take off again here soon! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Great report mate. What a damn shame, finding that big old girl in the shallows :( Sounds like there will be some good flathead fishing in the warmer months, along with some ideal surface lure action! :thumbup:

You must be close to heading down my way soon? Keep the reports coming mate. Looking forward to reading a bass report from you soon!

Cheers

Hodgey

PS there is a truck load of massive blacky's in the system too.

i remember snorkelling there in 2005 in january just outside of the caravan park

i the amount of blackfish that were there was amazing... literally hundreds in numerous schools

heaps of other fish i saw like whiting

i didnt have a fishing rod then so i was pretty cut about that... but back then i didnt have fishraider knowledge you see so i probably wouldntve caught anything anyway :1prop:

but yeah, nice catch and what a huge flattie, shame it was dead

Alex

You must be close to heading down my way soon?

Cheers

Hodgey

Yep the plan is hit Grady's for a solid Bass session on the way down on Thursday 13th November, Hit Wolgonga??? Inlet on the Friday with 'The Whisperer"....follow up the Saturday probably re-fishing the same Inlet with our new found knowledge and come up for a Tuross Session on the Sunday Morn with a Bass session at Grady's on the way home.

So mate if you are free on Sunday the 16th we'd love to have you on board emparting some expert popper info!!!!

4 solid days of fishing, I'm jumping out of my skin :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Shame it's about 8 weeks away.

Edited by Poddy Trapper