Quick One Before Work

no mono

Headed out with a mate for a quick session before work.

Been going well on the blades so both chucked on a different colour.

First cast lands me a little chopper, gotta love first cast fish :thumbup: no matter what they are.

The rest of the morning was a mad rush of cod after cod after cod, must have caught atleast 7 or 8. A few decent bream up to 32cm, a moses, a nice squire/snapper of around 43cm. Best cod went 45cm.

No real big fish but a nice consistent session. Was done and back at the ramp by 9.

post-8533-1221807444_thumb.jpg

post-8533-1221807458_thumb.jpg

That's a fun little session, nice one.

I was up in townsville recently just chucking a few blades around the rock walls and i can confirm the cod love them. Got a heap but only small. The cod certainly know where home is and those first few seconds are a real tussle!

Where were you fishing Mr Mono?

Surely not in or around Sydney? I've never seen a gold spot cod pulled from our waters.

Sounds like a good session though - keep those reports coming!

Sunny QLD, cant you tell by the sky :-rolleyes .

Mouth of the Brisbane river.

That's a fun little session, nice one.

I was up in townsville recently just chucking a few blades around the rock walls and i can confirm the cod love them. Got a heap but only small. The cod certainly know where home is and those first few seconds are a real tussle!

They certainly run hard for the first run but after that its just like retrieving a bucket.

Good fun on light leader and backed off drag (or 'hollywood drag' as my mate calls it)

Edited by no mono

Well done there - too true, if your not quick enough those suckers just lock themselves into a crevice or snag.

Bloody nice eating after you get rid of the slime.

Bigger specimens can be a little foul when they dispose of their last meal on the floor of your boat - usually a dirty smelly crab that has not yet been fully digested! :wacko:

Great photos mate :thumbup:

I spent a lot of years bait fishing the Brisbane River. Luggage Point for big bream (shame you couldn't eat 'em), big jewies in good numbers fishing the pylons of the old Quarantine Station, and rocky ledges for those beaut cod. It's been a few years since I have been there, so it's nice to see the cod still there!

Well done mate. Keep the reports coming.

Cheers

Hodgey

Great photos mate :thumbup:

I spent a lot of years bait fishing the Brisbane River. Luggage Point for big bream (shame you couldn't eat 'em), big jewies in good numbers fishing the pylons of the old Quarantine Station, and rocky ledges for those beaut cod. It's been a few years since I have been there, so it's nice to see the cod still there!

Well done mate. Keep the reports coming.

Cheers

Hodgey

Good old luggage point :05: (you know what i mean) some stonker bream around there, but i dont like my braid in brown. :P

The brissie has been fishing better than ever in the last year or 2. Got a 70cm snapper a few months back. Best jew was 95cm, mack tuna to 1m and a 117cm threadfin salmon. Gotta love it for a spot not more than 5 minutes from the ramp.

Dont know if you guys care much for Qld reports but thought i'd mix it up a bit for ya's.