North Coast Trip

nightstalker

Hey everyone, I'm heading back to the North Coast next Wednesday to chase some more reds.

Havent fished it much at this time of year - but home to find some late season reds - some solid kings, maybe an inshore yellowfin and maybe even an early cobe or samson.

The weather isnt as reliable as our normal winter trip so getting - well lets just say fingers crossed - if not then plenty of spring flatties in the river.

Any of you local boys got an current reports - i heard the reds went quiet for a week last week and those caught were full of spawn.

Nightstalker

Hi Nightstalker, mate hope you have a great trip and you nail your reddies at your spot, hope the weather plays nice and you can enjoy your time away.. Cheers

Thanks Ray, hope the bars nice to us.. not looking great right now but hey - optimism is a key ingredient to being a fisho.

Was looking at SST this morning though and there is a nice patch of 24degrees sitting just off the rocks - if that swirls in and we get out some nice reddies may be supplemented with anything.

This is the month for some big pearls and big kings around fish rock too so hope to be putting up a great post and a few entries for fish of the month when i get back - theres that optimism again.

I know one thing - we'll be taking 50 rods between 4 guys - 4 or 5 boxes of pillies and a thousand plastics so look out fish.

I know one thing - we'll be taking 50 rods between 4 guys - 4 or 5 boxes of pillies and a thousand plastics so look out fish.

G'day nightstalker. I'm going to make a prediction. The headline will read:

"Massive (legal) fish kill on the north coast - There are four suspects!"

Good luck, although judging by your past reports, you don't need it.

Take plenty of photos.

Cheers

Peter

G'day nightstalker. I'm going to make a prediction. The headline will read:

"Massive (legal) fish kill on the north coast - There are four suspects!"

Good luck, although judging by your past reports, you don't need it.

Take plenty of photos.

Cheers

Peter

I might be getting a bit far ahead of myself to go along with a headline like that but overconfidence is a good thing if it makes you fish harder.

Our boat killed our mates boat last trip and the only reason we could come up with - same spots, bait, rigs, gear, burley was our overconfidence and maybe just working our rods a bit more regularly than the old timers.

Needless to say i'm hoping for an all time trip - like always. If we can get out we'll fish twice a day every day - mornings and evenings and still drink every night. Now thats commitment.

Stopped :beersmile: at midnight the morning we got up at 3 to get this beauty, so bring it on.

post-4220-1222316517_thumb.jpg

Nightstalker

had a snapper session up there last week running into the weeekend just gone

figure you may be aware........ but thought i would mention all the same

that the bar the way she is holding at present will make for an interesting crossing if there is to be any hint

of a roll on.

There was a lot less water under the boat when crossing than you would normaly expect

and she was wanting to break a lot further out than she normaly does.

have fun and hope you do well on the snapper front

Cheers Warnie..

Nightstalker

had a snapper session up there last week running into the weeekend just gone

figure you may be aware........ but thought i would mention all the same

that the bar the way she is holding at present will make for an interesting crossing if there is to be any hint

of a roll on.

There was a lot less water under the boat when crossing than you would normaly expect

and she was wanting to break a lot further out than she normaly does.

have fun and hope you do well on the snapper front

Cheers Warnie..

Yeh, i know - even in July when we were there - the weather was great and we got out a lot but the one day that was marginal - we were heading back from grassy after getting that snapper in this post - we headed on the regular line back from northern reefs and had to run another 200m wider to go round the breakers on the northern side of the bar.

Most days there was still 6ft of water sounding across the bar - did you do a sounding this time.

Is the channel still just about 5 - 10 degrees to the north once you exit the walls - there has been a big fresh so its probably all different again.

Yeh, i know - even in July when we were there - the weather was great and we got out a lot but the one day that was marginal - we were heading back from grassy after getting that snapper in this post - we headed on the regular line back from northern reefs and had to run another 200m wider to go round the breakers on the northern side of the bar.

Most days there was still 6ft of water sounding across the bar - did you do a sounding this time.

Is the channel still just about 5 - 10 degrees to the north once you exit the walls - there has been a big fresh so its probably all different again.

it's unchanged by the sounds of things then !!!!!!!!!!! a sounding across the bar wasn't taken as we were not picking up a reading only by observation.

mind you an early morn start did co-incide with it being dead low

when doing the crossing which obviously is not ideal

However what snapper were around made up in qaulity rather than qauntity with fish around the same size as in your post lurking around and being active at the change on the high.

anyways once again have a ball and get into them

Cheers Warnie...