Sabiki Rod

Bar Up

Just wondering if anyone has information on the Jervis Walker Sabiki Baitcatcher Rod. Saw one in the local fishing shop the other day and thought this may save me some money by not throwing away a jig each time I go for a fish.

post-7428-1222157114_thumb.jpg

The hooks will still rust out if not rinsed under fresh, the benefit of those rods is no tangles.

If your issue is with 'bikis rusting out - not worth it

If your issue is with 'bikis tangling up in everything - worth it

Personally I go to the trouble of sourcing stainless hook 'bikis. Then a 'biki rod is definitely worthwhile.

umkay?

Jig

G'day All,

If your having trouble storing your bait jigs, try storing them in a length of sparky's conduit.

Just cut a vertical slot in one end of the conduit, lower the jig with sinker still attatched into the tube and use the swivel on the other end to pull the line into the slot.

Problem solved.

Cheers ,

Bruce :beersmile:

Hmmmm.... an item of tackle I don't own!! Nice one.

Cheers, Slinky

True one Slinky,

But you're in Australia where most fishing is done in salt water, the rod is made , and designed, in the USA where most fishing is done in fresh water.

I concur with Jigholio - unless you are going to thoroughly rinse the outfit after every use, it may just come back and bite you on the backside.

Rusty gear trapped inside - very difficult to remove and cleanse.

But hey - I think you should buy one or two of these rigs! :tease:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Big-Banana

I've got two, one with a small jig for inshore yakkas and one for jigging slimeys and nanngai out deep, they are beaut reels! Spool them up with a little Pleguer (sp).