When Should The Kings Arrive?

flea

Thought I'd put it out to the more experienced king fisherman as I've only been at it for around a year. When can we expect the kings to show up in Sydney in numbers and does this revolve around water temp?

Any help provided to help maximise the precious on water time vs brownie points at home would be much appreciated.

Cheers Flea

Guest Big-Banana

Water temp is crucial, with the water temp comes bait.

There are plenty around atm, a bit of perseverance and you'll be in with a shot.

There are already kings around although not in plague proportions like in summer. Usually, the action seems to fire up with large numbers of smaller fish showing up once the water temp gets up to about 19 degrees in the harbour (that's not science... it just seems to coincide with when I've started finding them over the last few years). It's like someone throws a switch and suddenly every reef, marker and wreck is swarming with them.

Guest Big-Banana

This time of year is very hit and miss also, so if Brownie points are needs, I'd hang back another few weeks until it really fires up. Big fish come first though... It's the case every year.

thanks fellas - now I know I should hang out a little but I probably wont be able to help myself. This weather is fantastic I just hope it lasts until Friday when I'll take a day off work and hopefully take the young bloke out. I'l keep you posted how I go.

Cheer Flea