Bass

Dan1977

G'day Raiders

Headed down the nepean yesterday arvo for a bass session. Bought a cheap arse betts spinner bait (green grub) to try and what do you know third cast and this fella in the picture smashed it. Only around 25cms but he hit it hard. Interestingly the first part of his dorsal fin was missing - not sure if he was mauled by something or a defect. Didn't affect his hunger though

post-8294-1222683152_thumb.jpg

Moved along the bank and after not getting anything else and the sun setting changed to a jitterbug. Cast along the edge and had the thing absolutely smashed, but no hook up. Went there again and same, again no hook up. Bugger, oh well first bass nailed for the season and the first I've ever got on a spinnerbait.

Cheers

Tommy G

Well done on first for the season and first on the spinner...

Bass fishing is at its best I reckon in the arvo/night with the surface lures, all quiet then SPLASH BANG BOOM...

Fair to say once you catch one, you become addicted to Bass...

Cheers

Ben

Well done on first for the season and first on the spinner...

Bass fishing is at its best I reckon in the arvo/night with the surface lures, all quiet then SPLASH BANG BOOM...

Fair to say once you catch one, you become addicted to Bass...

Cheers

Ben

Had a bit of a go yesterday arvo Ben on the surface lure and got two, one a little smaller in size to the one I got on the spinner and the other one was about the same size as the jitterbug I was using!!! Shows how aggresive the species are doesn't it? I had about 6 other hits but no hookups unfortunately..

TG

post-8294-1222853719_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1222853810_thumb.jpg

Nice work mate.

Sounds like the bass season has started so I better get down there. :biggrin2:

I really only use two lures down there. The betts spins with a 2inch grub before sunset and as the sun goes down switch to a kokoda bat fishing into dark. Both work really well and its so much fun.

Cheers

David.