Xd100 Or Xd50

Evopete55

Good Morning, the best oil for any oil injected engine is XD-100 in my opinion. It is a very clean burning oil and is an ashless oil.

That said, your Yamaha will require a TCW-3 oil and the XD-50 is the oil you would want to run. It is priced better and being synthetic it is also a clean burning oil and contains CARB-X which is an addative to help with carbon build-up.

No need to do anything except use the oil in the tank until mostly gone and then switch over.

Cheers,

Huey.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Craig,your information is appreciated. Not much oil left in tank and will switch over to XD50 soon.

Evo

I took Hueys advise a while ago but went the XD100 in our 90 yamaha 2stroke. about 10 hours on very happy, motor is cleaner running, and the oil trail in the water is nowhere near as obviuos. Still a bit smelly at idle and while backing up but that is always going to be with these motors. We dont use a lot so i decided the few extra dollars for the XD100 was worth it.

Evo

I took Hueys advise a while ago but went the XD100 in our 90 yamaha 2stroke. about 10 hours on very happy, motor is cleaner running, and the oil trail in the water is nowhere near as obviuos. Still a bit smelly at idle and while backing up but that is always going to be with these motors. We dont use a lot so i decided the few extra dollars for the XD100 was worth it.

Hi 'achjimmy' ,Huey mentioned TCW-3 oil, does XD100 comply as a TCW-3 oil and does it also contain CARB-X additive.I dont do many hours as others and would like to use the best oil for the job. Have not changed over as yet. Regards Peter.

Hi 'achjimmy' ,Huey mentioned TCW-3 oil, does XD100 comply as a TCW-3 oil and does it also contain CARB-X additive.I dont do many hours as others and would like to use the best oil for the job. Have not changed over as yet. Regards Peter.

Peter best to speak with Heuy, XD100 complies with TCW3 but doesnt state it, so if you are under warrnty maybe better useing XD50. Not sure about CarbX.