In Need Of Help In Reel Repair/service

powersalt

Hi guys,

When my steez spinning reel felt not as smooth after repeated use, i sent it for service. It went to "daiwa australia" and instead of becoming better, it became worse. Very very bad.

It is now, very rough, noisy (makes some grinding sound when turned) and at high speed, clicking metal parts could be heard. Is it normal for a reel to behave in such a way after service? especially daiwa reels?

Daiwa australia said, that the roughness and noise will disappear after use. :1yikes: But they lied! :1badmood:

I couldnt be bothered contacting them anymore as one of my mate's exist, after undergoing servicing from daiwa australia, had turned up with no improvement at all and its as rough as ever.

I would therefore like to ask, does anyone know any reputable daiwa reel repairer/servicer? Or any alternative measure to save this reel? :(

thank very much

your help is most appreciated

rocky

Hi Powersalt

With the tournement series of reels they are ment to be serviced by Daiwa. All my Exists have been back at least twice for service and I have never had a problem with any after service, thats at least 26 services! They don't have normal screws so you need a daiwa tool to open them.....

Greg

Hi Powersalt

With the tournement series of reels they are ment to be serviced by Daiwa. All my Exists have been back at least twice for service and I have never had a problem with any after service, thats at least 26 services! They don't have normal screws so you need a daiwa tool to open them.....

Greg

seems like my friend and i must be very unlucky :( .

Just out of curiosity, isn't the Steez strictly freshwater only? If it is being used in the salt that may be a reason for the reel seizing up.

The "steez" are made to be saltwater friendly. "Exist Steez" are meant to be freshwater only. So the steez in anyway should not jam up because of bream fishing. Its just that something is very wrong with the way the guy in daiwa serviced my reel. My reel say from 90% health dropped to 70% :( . Yes thats how bad it is.