Jump to content

Beach Fishing


Recommended Posts

Gday raiders,

Ive just got into some beach fishing and purchased a new wilson 12' rod but just above the reel mount, about 20cm up from the reel, is a little metal, curled, hook type thing solidly built in the rod.

Whats that for? Can any one help? Is it to assist with casting or something? Its deffinatly not made for placing your hook for when you put it away.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its to hold the line when you use an alvey side cast reel. You put the line there when your reeeling in .

That makes sence.

Thanks mate. Do you recon I got the wrong rod for a spin reel? It works fine for me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...