Eastern Suburbs Bay Fishing?

park ji sung

Hi,

After searching far and wide on the internet and forums for any leads or stories I haven't being able to find any info on fishing in the eastern suburbs bay area.

Was looking to go fish off the rocks in these surrounding areas. Just wondering if anyone has any hints about what types are fish which are commonly found there, bait to use, times etc. Guess i'm asking for your secrets but I haven't had any luck with info so thought i'd ask here..

Hope you can help us have a good time!

Cheers in advance.

Oh I went fishing off Mackenzie's today, bloody windy and swell was pretty decent. There was a father and son fishing out there too. Father was fishing and son was scouring the area bored. A set comes in and there both in a bad area, the water comes crashing and the boys not watching and gets swept up by the sea. Lucky he fell onto another rock below and got on his feet and out of there. They both coped a dressing from the ocean and from my friend and I. I told them to be careful as the father kept jumping up and down when water was at his feet. They didn't speak much english but got the message that there ignorance could of killed someone and they left right away. Gave mr a bloody fright.

Hi,

After searching far and wide on the internet and forums for any leads or stories I haven't being able to find any info on fishing in the eastern suburbs bay area.

Was looking to go fish off the rocks in these surrounding areas. Just wondering if anyone has any hints about what types are fish which are commonly found there, bait to use, times etc. Guess i'm asking for your secrets but I haven't had any luck with info so thought i'd ask here..

Hope you can help us have a good time!

Cheers in advance.

Oh I went fishing off Mackenzie's today, bloody windy and swell was pretty decent. There was a father and son fishing out there too. Father was fishing and son was scouring the area bored. A set comes in and there both in a bad area, the water comes crashing and the boys not watching and gets swept up by the sea. Lucky he fell onto another rock below and got on his feet and out of there. They both coped a dressing from the ocean and from my friend and I. I told them to be careful as the father kept jumping up and down when water was at his feet. They didn't speak much english but got the message that there ignorance could of killed someone and they left right away. Gave mr a bloody fright.

That the flat ledges on the south side you fishing where they get the blackies? Dicey spot lost a fair bit of skin over the years there no good in any southerly swell over 3/4 metre too low best in the summer swells from the ENE!

As for sheltered areas try Camp cove or just inside south Head up past lady jane theres some big flat ledges that produce surface fish and all types bream leatheries drummer and blackies of course the od flattie out wide even caught snapper in a big blow there!

Cheers

That the flat ledges on the south side you fishing where they get the blackies? Dicey spot lost a fair bit of skin over the years there no good in any southerly swell over 3/4 metre too low best in the summer swells from the ENE!

As for sheltered areas try Camp cove or just inside south Head up past lady jane theres some big flat ledges that produce surface fish and all types bream leatheries drummer and blackies of course the od flattie out wide even caught snapper in a big blow there!

Cheers

Yeah it was on the south side. I don't know exactly what I was catching but they were pretty small 15cm and reddish/blackish. Forgot my digital camera so can't show you any snaps. It is a dicey spot and the banacles are just asking to rip you apart.

Thanks heaps for the info. I'll try those spots out and see how I go. Fingers crossed!