Old Engine Vs New Engine.

680encore

hi guys,iam looking at replacing my 1998 90hp evinrude engine with a new 115hp etec engine.the current 90hp engine has only 365hours on it.it is on my seafarer 5.0 VSEA. does anyone know if there is much more power diffrence from old 90hp to the new 115 etec?also iam hoping for a bit more top speed.at present iam getting 64km's flat out on the gps.@5500rpm's.Any input is greatly appeciated.thanks Adam.

hi guys,iam looking at replacing my 1998 90hp evinrude engine with a new 115hp etec engine.the current 90hp engine has only 365hours on it.it is on my seafarer 5.0 VSEA. does anyone know if there is much more power diffrence from old 90hp to the new 115 etec?also iam hoping for a bit more top speed.at present iam getting 64km's flat out on the gps.@5500rpm's.Any input is greatly appeciated.thanks Adam.

Adam check your insurance Because I think that a vsea has 90hp max

I have a 2000 model vsea with a 90 honda ,but I think 90 etec would be perfect and would be heaps better than your old 90 2stroke

Regards Garry

365 hrs on a motor you know and if it has been maintained , still has good even compression is not a lot and they are a very very solid motor. Just when the hell are you realistically going to be able to use more speed unless you are into skiing on the river? Even checking your prop and possibly using a newer one without wear will give you a little more along with newer oils if you aren't using them already and that gets rid of most of the old 2stroke smell. That is some expensinve extra MPH you are trying for especially if you have to finance it in the current climate. I reckon there should be a few motor deals around in the next few months with the way the ecconomy is shaping up. Not sure how weight will go on the back if you choose a newer heavier motor so worth seeing what others have had on theirs.

Edited by pelican

Hi Adam, your current 90HP is a powerful 90HP being the V4 design and as mentioned I am not sure your V-Sea wil be rated to 115HP, but if it is, the 115HP E-TEC would outpeform it in top speed and acceration all at the same time as using half the fuel, oil and the V4 E-TEC a super quiet and smooth engine. Plus the added bonus 3 year dealer service intervals and they come STD with SST props.

As Pel has said you could perhaps try a SST prop on your current 90HP to see if you can get some more speed.

The 90HP E-TEC would use less fuel and be quieter/cleaner, but being an I-3 design it does not offer performance of your current 90HP, but then again, there is no other 90HP clean or dirty that goes as well as the V4 90HP Johnson/Evinrudes.

We have some good deals on V4 E-TEC at present, so if you have any questions please PM me,

Cheers,

Huey.

Adam check your insurance Because I think that a vsea has 90hp max

I have a 2000 model vsea with a 90 honda ,but I think 90 etec would be perfect and would be heaps better than your old 90 2stroke

Regards Garry

hi Garry its Adam,i spoke to you about this boat before i bought it.you were most help full.this boat is great!! i cheched the tag on the transom and it is rated to 115hp.the main reason for changing this engine is there is a deal on etec 115hp with 20" shafts @12k. complete with sst prop,new stye gauges etc .they are a ran out modle 2007.with 3 year warranty.

i should still get a few dollars for my 90hp as it has low hours.i hope?.

Talk to you soon Adam.

Hi Adam, your current 90HP is a powerful 90HP being the V4 design and as mentioned I am not sure your V-Sea wil be rated to 115HP, but if it is, the 115HP E-TEC would outpeform it in top speed and acceration all at the same time as using half the fuel, oil and the V4 E-TEC a super quiet and smooth engine. Plus the added bonus 3 year dealer service intervals and they come STD with SST props.

As Pel has said you could perhaps try a SST prop on your current 90HP to see if you can get some more speed.

The 90HP E-TEC would use less fuel and be quieter/cleaner, but being an I-3 design it does not offer performance of your current 90HP, but then again, there is no other 90HP clean or dirty that goes as well as the V4 90HP Johnson/Evinrudes.

We have some good deals on V4 E-TEC at present, so if you have any questions please PM me,

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Huey,thanks for that info,my boat is rated to 115hp.

my current engine runs a solas 4 blade stainlesss prop at the present.it works great and is in great shape.

i call you on your price on the etec.Thanks Adam.