Flatty In Crap Weather

slayer666

Despite the crap weather today me, my misses (A.K.A Mrs Slayer666), Marco (A.K.A Italian Stallion) where all keen for a fish after last weeks social success. So we packed the car this morning and off we went in chase for some flatties arrived there about 9.30am. Just as i was rigging the soft plastics it starts to rain :1badmood: so we went under shelter and waited the ran out. Finally the rain went. We walked the beach for zilch so then we decided to have some lunch and me always keen as i am went back out for a couple more casts when the rain hits again i seek some shelter and the rest of the guys wanted to go home. I said let me go back for a few more casts so they went to the car i stayed fishing. First cast in bang im on then she spat the hook second cast bang on again spat the hook again third cast bang im on but this time i said your coming home with me baby and after a short tussel i landed a nice 56cm flattie. So despite the crap weather i still went with a nice feed of flattie fillets with a cold :beersmile:

post-1565-1223100998_thumb.jpgCaught on a Berkly Gulp in Tandori Chicken with a 1/4ounce jighead on a 2/0 hook

Cheers Joe :1fishing1:

post-1565-1223101012_thumb.jpg

hey joe were you going with that flatty in your hand[bass riff]

i'm very suprised the stallion sat in the car just goes to show you one more cast just one more cast

great report and a great fish[let the stallion know that if he had stayed with you, you both would have got a feed :biggrin2: ]

the water is warming up and i did say we would go out on the boat expect a pm in the next two weeks

cherrs gary

Look what we have spwaned, a flathead junkie!

Great to see you guys are really getting into the craze they are fun to catch, taste great and will keep your lines tight all summer long.

Drop me a line next time your out and I'll show you some other great places near there that produce regular quality fish.