Water Outlet Etec 115hp

BFB

I am hoping that someone will tell me this is OK.

I have just had fitted to my Haines Hunter a 115hp Etec. Great motor and goes well. On this hull the transom is very low and the motor sits low in the water. The tell tale water outlet at the back of the motor is always just below water level even with the boat stationary. Is there a problem with this arrangement?

Always another question which does not seem to be covered in the manual. To flush this motor do you attached a hose to the normal outlet water nozzle?

I would ask these questions of the dealer who installed the motor but they are closed on Sundays and public holidays and it is always worth getting other peoples opinion.

Looking forward to yours.

Thank you in anticiapation.

I am hoping that someone will tell me this is OK.

I have just had fitted to my Haines Hunter a 115hp Etec. Great motor and goes well. On this hull the transom is very low and the motor sits low in the water. The tell tale water outlet at the back of the motor is always just below water level even with the boat stationary. Is there a problem with this arrangement?

Always another question which does not seem to be covered in the manual. To flush this motor do you attached a hose to the normal outlet water nozzle?

I would ask these questions of the dealer who installed the motor but they are closed on Sundays and public holidays and it is always worth getting other peoples opinion.

Looking forward to yours.

Thank you in anticiapation.

Gday mate,

I have 115 etec.

I dont know about the height thing but to flush you need muffs on the water intake behind prop, i think the hole youre talking about is just below the water outlet and it can be use ful for washing out motor when not started if in caraven park of late at night. But to my knowledgr it only flushes top end.

Ps im from mt warrigal let me know if i can help any further, maby catch up on water some time.

Who fitted up the motor for you ***** marine?

Cheers

LUke

Edited by chopper75

Mate, You might have a XL shaft instead of a L.

Put it this way, the fins obove the prop (forgot what they are called) the ones that you fit the plastic hydrafoil fins to, have to be in line with the bottom of your hull.

Check your transom depth, from top to ctr of the bottom of the hull.

20" = short shaft

25" = long shaft

Any longer should be an extra long shaft.

Also use the flush muffs allways they flush the motor top to bottom.

Hope that helps

Edited by STUCATZ

Mate, You might have a XL shaft instead of a L.

Put it this way, the fins obove the prop (forgot what they are called) the ones that you fit the plastic hydrafoil fins to, have to be in line with the bottom of your hull.

Check your transom depth, from top to ctr of the bottom of the hull.

20" = short shaft

25" = long shaft

Any longer should be an extra long shaft.

Also use the flush muffs allways they flush the motor top to bottom.

Hope that helps

Hi, the measurements are a little off. Short shaft outboards have 15 inch transoms, Longshaft outboards run 20 inch tranosm and Extra long shaft need 25 inch transoms. Also in the bigger outboards there is XXL transoms at 30 inch.

Cheers,

Huey.

The motor is the correct shaft length for the hull as it is the same size as was originally fitted.

It is only when the boat is not moving or at a slow speed that the water outlet is below the water level line.

My boat has the transom cut quite low compared to the overall hull height.

The motor is the correct shaft length for the hull as it is the same size as was originally fitted.

It is only when the boat is not moving or at a slow speed that the water outlet is below the water level line.

My boat has the transom cut quite low compared to the overall hull height.

Is the cavitation plate, w/c is above the prop, evenly lined up on the lowest part of the hull or transom?

The caviation plate is at the correctly lined up to the bottom of the hull. It just appears that the rear of the boat sits low in the water when at rest and slow speed.

Probably your etec is a bit heavier than your old motor thats why its sitting a bit lower.

Edited by WANNAFISH