Mighty Macleay Bass

dougtovey

Friday night the car was packed and 1am saturday morning i was off on my way to the mighty macleay river northern nsw on a solo mission. After arriving to my start point i unloaded my gear then drove down to my finish point then out with the pushy and a 10km ride gets me back to my gear slide the canoe in and im off.

10 minutes in and at my 1st pool BANG my surface lure is smashed and im hooked up to my 1st fish of 41cm fat healthy fish what a fight this was the reason i drove 6hours and rode 45 minutes i was stoked.

As the day went on the fishing was steady all day stopping of for a sleep in the middle of the day then it produced in the arvo with some great fish all taken on surface lures fished into the night for some great surface hits out in open water finished up with 10 bass on the 1st day with 5 over 40cm the biggest 43cm.

Time for bed rolled out the swag on a bank and of to sleep wake up at midnight to rain pouring down thunder and lighting and a wet bed now storm passes and i finally get some sleep.

Up at 4.30 and slide the canoe in some amazing fishing followed with 3 fish straight up, time to move along onto some more magic pools on my way along the 12km stretch of river finishing the trip with a 42cm bass just the way it started it finished also on the trip down i passed roos, platupus`s, snakes, swans and eagles it had it all. but it was bass that i came for and they didnt let me down one little bit except i wanted a 50cm bass and that didnt come oh well next time. total tally 20 bass all released to fight another day.

With the car packed headed back home to hussle and bussle of sydney cant wait to do it all again and made it in time for manly to flogg the storm and have a few beers.

hope you like the shots of some of my fish.

id

post-8004-1223279901_thumb.jpg

post-8004-1223279865_thumb.jpg

post-8004-1223280102_thumb.jpg

Top report mate!!! :thumbup::yahoo:

LOVE reading bass reports about surface lures. All that action makes a 10k bike ride seem worthwhile. :biggrin2:

Congrats on a great session mate. All indications are the bass season is going to be a beauty ! :yahoo::yahoo:

Keep the reports coming mate. Well done!

Cheers

Hodgey

NICE REPORT JITTERBUG!

20 bass caught and all released. That is a top angler. roo's, snakes, swans, platypus, eagles! I can imagine the experience you must of had. Thats Australian nature at its best!

Well done! :thumbup:

yeah katsuo you gotta love the country we live in especially up north their.

and hodgey i was a bit suss on the trip but it payed off and your right it is looking to be a great season of bass.

Thanks fellas