Spotlights?

Dhutchy

Hiya Raiders, I am gearing up my Quinnie to go night fishing and was wondering what are the recommended spot lights that people are using. There a blue eyes, and halogens, rated between 400,000 to 10,000,000 candle power. Ideally I want something I can attach or detach as a handheld.

Any suggestions

Rgds and Thanks

Dhutchy

Hiya Raiders, I am gearing up my Quinnie to go night fishing and was wondering what are the recommended spot lights that people are using. There a blue eyes, and halogens, rated between 400,000 to 10,000,000 candle power. Ideally I want something I can attach or detach as a handheld.

Any suggestions

Rgds and Thanks

Dhutchy

Hey Dhutchy

No idea about the best lights - but I would be thinking about how to power them. A 10,000,000 candle power light would draw a lot of power.

Perhaps someone in the know could tell us if this is a prob on a boat battery...

Mike

Gday Dutchy,

What are you using the lights for - to see or be seen?

Dont forget that at night your eyes adjust from darkness to light - on board lighting shouldnt be too bright.

If you are after a hand held spot light to look into the water then - depending on budget - try the lightforce brand.

Edited by tan the fisherman

The best spotlight for a trailerboat is a rechargeable job.

These units can also be recharged from the cigarette lighter socket in your car.

Check this link - 10 million candle power rechargeable for around 50 bucks.

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/10-million...le-spotlight-1/

Cheers

Mariner

Thanks Guys, Mariner 31, Tan the Fisherman, and Mike Doyle. I will review all the info you have supplied. I have a suitable onbord lamp, what I am after is something to see into, and across, water...

Cheers Guys and thanks

Dhutchy

I have one of the lightforce 170 spotlights and battery packs which I have used for last 10 yrs, mainly camping, shooting and prawning etc. Rugged, reliable & lightweight. With the battery pack with dimmer switch its portable and light output can be varied form 0-100w. Different clip on protective lenses are also avail eg clear/amber/red. I use the battery pack for prawning too, beats car battery and doesnt spill. I also have a 12volt fluro which I can run off the battery pack. Initially costs a bit but is good gear. They have various kits and marine spots now. Look at http://www.lightforce.net.au/index1.html

Problem with the big portable spotlights is charge is quickly depleted, so look for one with spotlight and torch, grrrrrrrr had some a while back. I dont rely on one light, carry a backup so when the big one runs out, batterys gone etc you still have light. With spot you can run off boat and pull out battery when required.

I was thinking of buying one of the jump starter battery packs which had torch, output for spotlight etc a while back. Handy for spare boat starter, spotlight etc

If you are after better stuff, one of the current fishing mags has an article on modern hitech lights which draw much less power so dont drain batterys.

Cheers

I have one of the lightforce 170 spotlights and battery packs which I have used for last 10 yrs, mainly camping, shooting and prawning etc. Rugged, reliable & lightweight. With the battery pack with dimmer switch its portable and light output can be varied form 0-100w. Different clip on protective lenses are also avail eg clear/amber/red. I use the battery pack for prawning too, beats car battery and doesnt spill. I also have a 12volt fluro which I can run off the battery pack. Initially costs a bit but is good gear. They have various kits and marine spots now. Look at http://www.lightforce.net.au/index1.html

Problem with the big portable spotlights is charge is quickly depleted, so look for one with spotlight and torch, grrrrrrrr had some a while back. I dont rely on one light, carry a backup so when the big one runs out, batterys gone etc you still have light. With spot you can run off boat and pull out battery when required.

I was thinking of buying one of the jump starter battery packs which had torch, output for spotlight etc a while back. Handy for spare boat starter, spotlight etc

If you are after better stuff, one of the current fishing mags has an article on modern hitech lights which draw much less power so dont drain batterys.

Cheers

Thanks Copa, the lightforce gear sounds good. I have checked the site.

Thanks for taking the time to contribute.

Dhutchy